Not a Date (Part 1)

The week passed much too quickly. It was almost as if the earth decided to spin a little faster to make the days shorter. Each morning I woke up and was one day closer to Saturday. Each morning I dragged myself out of bed and through my morning routine, through work, and then sometimes back home, sometimes to Kaden's apartment to hang out for a while until then going home and forcing myself through my nighttime routine.

The entire time, I couldn't quite decide if the time passing quickly was a blessing or a curse. On the one hand, excitement was bursting out of me at the prospect of seeing Smiles again, on the other, there are so many doubts still plaguing me and making me want to hide in a hole until the week has passed, so I never have to go on the "not date."

Before I know it, it's Friday night.

Smiles hasn't texted me all week, which is probably for the best. I might have freaked out and cancelled our lunch plans. That or agreed that it was alright to call it a date. At any rate, the radio silence from him was getting to the point that I was beginning to suspect he'd forgotten about promising me a lunch, and it was just never going to happen.

I just finished showering and getting ready for bed when Smiles finally texted me.

Harry: So I was thinking we could go to Castelluccio for lunch tomorrow, what do you think?

Castelluccio? I've never heard of that restaurant, but it sounds Italian. I like Italian food.

Me: Sounds fancy!

Harry: You could say that

Me: Just so long as you're paying! ;p

Harry: What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't?

Me: Ok then, but just so you know, I'm not putting on a nice dress. This isn't a date!

Harry: That's alright, I imagine you look amazing in anything you wear. Although, you might want to wear good walking shoes

Me: Walking shoes?!

Harry: Yeah, I was thinking we could go on a bit of a walk

Me: That sounds like something people do on a date...which this very much is not

Harry: I know it's not a date! Have you never gone for a walk with your friends before?

Kaden and I actually go for walks all the time when the weather's nice out. He jogs in the mornings sometimes too and I've joined him when the fancy hits me. I guess Smiles is right. Friends go on walks together too, it's not exclusively a date activity.

Me: Fine. But there will be no handholding

Harry: What?! No handholding? How else will I keep from getting lost?

Me: haha guess you'll just have to figure it out

Harry: And there's that cruel temptress again

I flash back to when I had to call him to pick up Millie, his sister's dog. I'd called him "glitter boy" and he had the gall to be offended. I could hear in his tone though that he didn't mind the teasing. Just like now, I'm fairly certain he won't need me to guide him on our walk. I don't even know where this restaurant is, so he'll really be the one guiding me.