The Concert (Part 1)

Small warning: I've never been to a concert (I'm too poor, lol), so this might not be super accurate to how concerts usually go, in general or a Harry Styles concert specifically. I did my best though...

     It's almost too loud to talk with Hailey because there are so many people already in here. It's even more elegant in the theater, if it can be called that, than it was in the entrance hall. It turns out, our seats aren't exactly at the center as Hailey had said they were. Instead, we're skewed a little to the left, but still front row and very close to the stage. In fact, we could walk only a few steps and then climb onto the stage if it weren't for the security guards keeping a close eye on those of us in the front rows. This makes me extra worried about Hailey's schemes to throw various items on stage. She actually has a shot of hitting him!

     Hailey bounces up and down, chattering about all of the years she spent collecting merchandise and listening to some band's music. When I question her reference to this "One Direction," her eyes go wide and she launches into an explanation of how the guy we're at a concert for used to be in another band with four other boys, but they took a break and now they all sing solo, but she only used to listen to them because of Harry because she thinks he's hot. That was a more shallow remark than I was ready for. I knew she thought he was hot, but does she know anything of his personality? In my experience, the hot guys are the worst because of arrogance and entitlement.

     Hailey had taken the crown off as soon as we found our seats, but she still draws a good amount of attention in her watermelon ensemble. Some girls laugh good-naturedly and compliment her from their seats. Others glare and grumble, no doubt jealous that they didn't think to come dressed as a cute piece of fruit.

     I finally get Hailey to sit down and ask if she has a phone charger with her. She says no and I deflate a little because I won't be able to take pictures of us at this concert. I'm sure we'll make some crazy memories that I'll never want to forget. Hailey's phone is fully charged though, so I'll just have her send everything to me. While she's sitting, she wiggles low in the seat and covertly shimmies out of the extra bra and pants. She stuffs them in her handbag before security sees and turns to me with a mischevieous grin on her face. My cheeks flush red at her gall. It's one thing to do something like that in a car with your best friend. It's a complete other to do it with hundreds of people in the same room that could see. I look around and see a couple mezanines above me and pray that no one was watching the brash girl in a watermelon dress.

     The room is now almost full, only a couple seats unfilled. Now that we've been here for a while, I've decided that there are five different types of people here. One: the superfan. This is the category Hailey's in because these are people from ages 11 to 50 who have several items with them and the wildest expressions on their faces. I placed silent bets with myself on which ones might wet themselves in excitement when Styles finally arrives.

     Two: the children who have no business being here. These are the kids from 10 and younger who haven't even had enough time for their taste in music or men to develop. There's a very slim chance they paid for their ticket themselves and even slimmer chance they'll even remember this night or retain this obsession with Styles when they grow up.

     Three: the loaded ones on a date. Just by looking at them, you can tell they're rich and wanted a nice evening so they thought they'd go see whatever singer was in town. They have no desire to see Styles specifically, just any show and a fun night out.

     Four: the bored ones. These people are going to be fun around the middle of the concert when they all start whining to leave. These people were dragged here and want nothing to do with this singer. They are going to be rolling their eyes and probably not clapping after every song, but they won't be entirely rude and will suck it up until they get to leave.