Hey, Stranger

This one was different. She didn't change, she didn't marvel, she wasn't in shock. It hit Harry again how terribly unaware she was of him. In spite of their proximity, no blush found it's way to her face. No flutter found it's way to her hands. No hitch found it's way to her breath. No stutter found it's way to her mouth. No falter found it's way to her step. She just smiled that shy but kind smile. She just waved casually as if they were old friends. She just looked at him with those unveiled eyes. Those eyes that looked at him and saw the funny, caring singer. Those eyes that didn't see a media star or part of a band. Those eyes that saw him.

>< >< >< >< ><

Hailey insisted that we take three hours to get ready this time. It's way longer than I'd ever take on my own for any occasion. Maybe that's the reason I can never get a guy to stick, I never put in this much effort.

I didn't mind the extended preparation though, it was fun. We listened to Smiles' music the whole time, and I was excited to recognise many of the songs. Hailey didn't wear a fruit based outfit this time, but she did wear something extremely attention grabbing. She's wearing a light blue sleeveless top with a large hole cut out of the front. There's a choker type neckline but the opening goes from her clavical to her abdomen, forming a shapely edge around her breasts coming to a point a couple inches above her belly button. It's a crop top too so the bottom of her stomach is also visible. She's wearing ripped black jeans with it and strappy black high heels.

"Look at you, mama!" I exclaim when I see her walk out.

Hailey's hair is still in a messy bun, but she looks stunning. The skin on her chest and upper stomach is flawless and smooth.

"I know!" Hailey gives me a slow twirl with her arms out. "Super sexy right?"

"Oh, yeah. Need I ask what your desired effect is?" I feel a slight heat rise to my cheeks and curse my red hair because I know I'm blushing terribly.

"He's going to ask for my number," she says confidently. Then she comes over and sits beside me on the couch, suddenly serious. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything."

She hesitates and takes my hands in hers. "Do you like him?"

I furrow my brow, then burst out laughing. "Do I fancy the sparkly singer?" I laugh some more, gasping for breath at the ridiculousness of it all. "No, no, course I don't."

Hailey heaves a very visible sigh of relief. "Good. Your outfit's ok, but do you have any other shoes?"

I blink in surprise. "What's wrong with my Converses?"

Hailey winces, not wanting to say, then blurts out, "Harry loves Converses."

"And...you want his focus on you, got it. Well, I didn't think I'd need any other shoes, so I didn't pack any others, sorry."

Hailey deflates a little before perking up and grabbing my foot to hold it next to hers. "We're almost the same size! You could borrow a pair of my shoes! Go and look in my closet, wear anything you want! I'm going to start on my makeup."

We both stand up and I wander into her room, looking for her shoe shelf. Or rather, her shoe shelves. This girl has a serious problem. The bottom of her closet is filled with shoes of all brands, colors, and styles.