Plotting

Hailey's apartment is small, really small. Don't get me wrong, my apartment isn't huge. I live alone too, but this is seriously small. The bathroom is connected to her bedroom and the living room which is also connected to the kitchen. And everything is compacted as if it were made for small elves.

"You can sleep on the couch. I'd let you sleep on the bed with me, but..." Hailey pushes the door open to her bedroom and instead of a bed I see a purple, fuzzy hammock. My eyebrows shoot up. I've never seen anything like that before. Americans are weird. She sees my reaction and giggles. "Yeah, so...what's mine is yours. Get settled in, I suggest you sleep and get rid of that jetlag because we are partying tonight!"

I toss my bag onto the couch and laugh with her. "Alright, but I am not taking care of you if you drink yourself sick!"

She giggles. "Don't worry, I will be staying away from the alcohol tonight. I want to remember every single detail!" She squeals in that girly tone that I don't think I'll ever manage. "Well...I'll let you sleep for a bit, I'm going to get some stuff for tonight. I'll lock the door behind me!"

"Ok!" I call after as she leaves with her purse and jacket. I lay down on the couch as I hear the locks on the door slide into place. Oddly, I'm excited for this concert. I hate crowds and loud noises, but I'm glad to vary up my routine. I've done the same thing for almost two years straight, this should be interesting at the very least. I play on my phone for a little bit before noticing its quickly draining charge. I hop up off the couch, and look for an outlet, then smack my head for forgetting that their plug shapes are different. I pull my charger out of my backpack and sigh, seeing the too large prongs.

Whatever. I'll borrow an adapter from Hailey if she has one or go out with her and buy one that will work. For now, I'll just take a nap. Almost the instant my head hits the pillow, I'm out. I didn't sleep on the plane at all, there's just something in the way they rattle that keeps me from completely relaxing. My phone falls to the floor from my limp hand and I drift off thinking Hailey will be back soon.

Turns out I was wrong, when Hailey finally gets back, it's about fourteen thirty in the afternoon and she's shaking me awake vigorously.

"Come on, sleepy head! We're on a tight schedule from here on out!" I sit up slowly and wipe the sleep from my eyes. Hailey is practically vibrating in front of me. She claps her hands and sits beside me. "Don't worry, I left you half an hour to get ready if you want, but then we have to go get a late lunch at three. There's a small cafè about a block away, we'll walk and grab something filling. We can eat and chit-chat and I can fill you in on this concert business, stuff about transportation, seating, interaction, and attire." She counts them out on her fingers. "But! But, but, but, we must be back here no later than four. That's when we really get ready. This leaves two and a half hours to get ready, full glam and everything." She mutters something about not having enough time before continuing. "I have a few things for Harry that I'm bringing to the show," She points to her room. "and that's when I'll get them ready too. As soon as we finish, again we can't take more than two and a half hours, we are beelining to that concert. I want to be there in time for sound checks, ok? Any questions?"

"Just the one. Do you have a phone charger adapter that I can use?" Her face falls, disappointed that I didn't ask anything about her schedule.

"Yes, but you can use it later. You're down to twenty-five minutes now to get ready. Go!" She shoos me away and I laugh. She giggles and throws my bag at me playfully. I catch it and go into the compact bathroom. I hear her go into her bedroom, probably to get her "gifts" for this Harry Styles fellow ready.

After I've showered, changed, and brushed my teeth, I put my nearly dead phone in my handbag along with my purse and some more pocket litter.

"Hailey! I'm ready to go when you are!" I call from my seat on her couch.