Argument 3: Shopping for Clothes

John: Aren't you done yet? You're taking as much time choosing clothes compared to when I'm with Sera.

Arlo: It's important to purchase clothes that best fits me.

John: But they're all the same! You've been trying on some similar looking pairs and you still haven't decided yet? It's going to take forever at this point you know?

Arlo: Someone like you wouldn't understand.

John: What do you mean with 'someone like me?' Are you insulting me, Arlo?

Arlo: What I meant is, someone who only buys from a single store. Hah, I bet your entire outfit today is bought from a single brand too.

John: Are you mocking me?! Of course not!

Arlo: Oh really?

John: Uh, my socks are from XX brand... See?

The blond couldn't help but laugh.

John: What's so funny?

Arlo: That doesn't count. The reason why it's from a different brand is because they don't sell any socks there.

John: Is there anything bad about that? My clothes are comfortable to wear, and that's what's important, right?

Arlo: While comfort is important , it's also good to sacrifice a bit of comfort for style.

John: Are you saying that I lack style?

Arlo: ...

Arlo: Well, you could do better than that. I'd say wearing things like leather jacket and some fitted jeans would make you look more appealing. Black shirts would suit you too, and since you have a muscular body... It would be better to wear tops that are a size smaller than what you wear now.

John somehow looked offended about what Arlo said, but at the same time, embarassed.

John: N-no thanks? If I followed your advice, I'd look like a guy that fucks around.

Arlo: Guy that fucks around? What are you saying? Seriously John, you have the money, but why don't you style yourself more?

John: As I said, I prefer comfort- and besides, you don't even follow the style you gave me!

Arlo: Because we're different. What might suit you won't suit me. If I wear the same shorts you're wearing now, I'd surely look ridiculous.

John: So... Are you admitting that I already look good on my current clothes?

Arlo: No

John: ...

Arlo: I mean yes but-

John: Whatever. I'm fine with wearing what I wear. Why would I dress to please other people? You can criticize what I wear but I'll end-up being naked on your-

Arlo: John!

When John realized that a few people around them are listening, John dragged Arlo out of the store. Arlo ended-up looking for clothes to buy on the store across them, but none of them spoke until they've gotten home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you very much for reading!! I'll post and write about the pending suggestions on the next chapters. Feel free to request more!!

-Pleasant_illusion