Argument 7: Arlo's Jealousy

Even if it may not be obvious, Arlo is the type to get jealous easily. In fact him and John's relationship started because of his jealousy.

This trait of him was something that John had almost forgotten, because whenever the blond gets jealous, he usually tries to not let it show.

However, today was different.

Him and John was just supposed to have a drink at Woaba Boba, when John saw "Claire" standing nearby.

Arlo knows about that name, but it was the first time for him to actually see the girl.

The undeniable excitement on John's face, and the faint blush on his cheeks; it was enough to make Arlo feel jealous.

"Claire? Aren't you supposed to be at New Bostin...?"

"My family and I are here for a trip. They're actually on the hotel currently, but I'm just here to buy some drinks." she said, raising her plastic bag filled with bubble tea.

"H-how have you and Adrion been? I haven't seen the two of you for a long time and..."

Adrion?

"We're doing good, Adrion just resigned on his part time job, so he had more time for his studies now."

"That's nice to hear... Um, Claire I know that everything just can't go back to how it was but, I wish... I wish we can talk more, again."

Go back to how it was? The blond was jumping into conclusions, that he didn't noticed how John's hands were trembling.

"You were my friend." Claire told him, "And you still am. You already apologized so... John, how are you lately?"

"I'm trying my best. It's not easy, but thanks to the people around me, I've been doing better. " John glanced at Arlo beside him, "And... I have someone to introduce to you."

"Claire, this is Arlo, he's my pr-"

"Boyfriend." Arlo said, not realizing that he was glaring.

Claire's eyes went wide, and John's cheeks now had an obvious blush.

"Oh. I didn't know that you- I mean, please forget about what I said."

"Why, did you thought that John had a crush on you?" the blond asked her with a smirk, and almost immediately, John had stomped on his right foot.

The dark haired man looked displeased.

It took a few seconds before Claire was able to speak again, "N-nice to meet you Arlo, I'm Claire."

"I heard." Arlo replied, "And I also heard about you and John being pretty close in middle school."

" I guess you could say that. Me, Adrion and John used to hang-out with each other."

"Is that so? Who's closer then?"

Arlo was looking at her as if he wanted to tear her apart, and because of that, Claire decided that it was best for her to leave.

"Uh, John- I need to go now. The drinks might get warm if I don't hurry soon. Enjoy your date!"

"Wait- Claire-!"

The green haired girl hurriedly left, and after that, John had a mad frown on his face.

"Arlo, what the hell are you acting so jealous for?!"

"Well, you were going to introduce me as a friend! And have you seen yourself while talking to her? You look like you want to reconcile a relationship with an ex-lover, John!"