Argument 8: Foods on The Fridge

Last night, John bought an entire triple layer chocolate cake because it was on sale.

Him and Arlo had a wonderful time eating it, but since the cake is too much just for the two of them, and even if it was the smallest size, there are still some of it left.

Earlier this morning, him and Arlo ate again, and this time, only a single slice of cake remained.

It was why John was rushing home, quite happy that his classes finishes first before Arlo's. A lot of days, they usually go home together, but during Fridays, Arlo had a last class scheduled 3 hours after John's class.

So, John was expecting to be the one to eat the last piece, but as soon as he stepped put on the kitchen, John saw Arlo sitting there, with the plate of cake John has been saving, now finished.

"Why did you eat the cake?!"

"Because I'm hungry." Arlo replied.

"I've been saving it since morning! It was why I removed it from the box you know?"

"Then you should have told me. How  would I even know that you've been saving it if you haven't said anything, John? Oh please, have some common sense for once."

John clenched his fist. He was annoyed at what Arlo said, but he couldn't deny that he was right.

"Are you saying that I'm stupid?"

"No. I'm saying that you could've used your brain."

John hated the tone of Arlo's voice. 

"Arlo you fucking-!"

"I'm what, John?"

The dark haired man tried to calm himself down, "Forget it. Why are you even here? Did you seriously skipped just for a piece of cake?"

"What do you take me for? You know I don't skip classes. The classes were canceled since our professor had an emergency. Are you really upset over me eating your cake? You always eat the energy bars I've bought, and I never complained."

"Because it was OURS, Arlo."

"So when it comes to the cake it's only yours?"

"No! You know we ate together last night, right?"

The blond stood-up, heading towards sink to wash the dishes. John sat on the chair where Arlo was seated before, feeling upset now for another reason.

"You also didn't messaged me, Arlo. We could've gone home together."

And maybe, John could also have prevented his slice of cake from being eaten.

Or he could've eaten it together with Arlo.

"Is this even a big deal? You're capable of going home on your own. You have two legs."

"..."

The blond took a deep breath, placing the plates down to face John, "Look, I'm sorry for eating your cake. I was stressed today over something, and if I knew, I wouldn't have eaten it."

"It's not about that. Do think that I'm upset over a slice of cake?"

"I'm sorry for not messaging you and not going home together with you...?"

In all honestly, John was upset on how Arlo has been acting. He didn't liked the look on his face too.

What if Arlo no longer loves him? What if Arlo got tired of him because he kept on arguing with him over small things like food?

The thought scared John.

They stared at each other for awhile, until John left the kitchen without saying any word.

When night came, their argument was almost forgotten. Arlo was just finishing up cooking their dinner, when John came over the kitchen.

"I... I was childish earlier. Sorry." 

"You're always childish." Arlo commented.

"I know... And a lot of times, I argue with you over the smallest things... They say that we won't last long, and maybe they-"

"What's this about? Are you saying this because of what happened?"

He didn't answered, but his expression says it all.

"I was just stressed." Arlo admitted.

"I thought you no longer love me."

"Where did you get that ridiculous idea?"

"You were acting so cold... What exactly was stressing you, Arlo? We can talk this out... "

"There's no need."

Because what would Arlo say? Would he tell him that he was stressed due to hearing some students bad mouth John?

"Let's just eat together, John."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is an idea by: SpiritualElement

I struggled with this for some reason, but it was a really good idea

I struggled with this for some reason, but it was a really good idea. I like to think that their arguments ends differently. Sometimes Arlo apologizes, sometimes John, and sometimes both-

-Pleasant_illusion