The witch

Wanda stood in the street; her eyes glued to her children who were slowly being choked by the witch next door. How had it come to this? All she wanted was a quiet suburban life with her husband and children. Everything had been good. Then Pietro came, but he wasn't really her brother. She had fixed the problem, only to discover that his team was here to take him away and now Agatha. She truly couldn't catch a break. Her neighbor seemed obsessed with the idea that she was this all-powerful being Wanda had never even heard of. She tried telling her, but the witch had only hurt the twins once again. That set off a wave of power and she knocked Agatha out of the way, freeing Tommy, and Billy.

"You boys go to your room; do I make myself clear?" Wanda ordered. Suddenly she looked around, realizing who was missing. "Have you seen your uncle? Was he with you?" The twins shook their heads and she let them run to safety.

She started calling her brother and didn't notice Agatha slowly standing up and shooting a spell her way. Only when it hit a tree and destroyed it did she look in her direction. Both woman seemed confused at the outcome, but Wanda soon realized why she had escaped the blast as she noticed her brother next to her.
"You alright?"

She squeezed him in a tight hug, relieved to see him safe and sound. "Yeah, thank you." They both dodged another spell. "The twins didn't see you back at Agnes, where were you?"

Her brother disappeared for a second and reappeared at her side. Seeing how Agatha flew back, he had probably landed a punch. "She was blackmailing me, I had to keep away introducers or the rugrats would get hurt. I was basically stuck in the house."

The redhead frowned, "how'd you get out?"

"Wanda!" Came Monica's voice. The twins hadn't noticed the witch had recovered, both stuck in their reunion to see the spell coming. Monica took the purple energy with her hands, closing them together as she absorbed it.

"Long story, no time," said Monica as Wanda sent a questioning look. The redhead rolled her eyes and sent a car flying at Agatha. Seemingly crushing her while destroying her living room. She turned back to the agent. "Tell me."

"I passed through the barrier a couple times, it mutated my cells and gave me powers." Wanda frowned, was her magic really that powerful? Monica continued, "I was suspicious of Agnes, so I went to investigate, but your brother stopped me and locked me in the attic. I obviously wasn't able to run away given his speed." Wanda spotted Pietro smirking in amusement at the woman's words. "Then we heard the twins, Agnes had placed a protection barrier over the house and Pietro showed me how to break it. Then he saved you from her first attack."

A cackle was heard through the air as Wanda groaned, why couldn't she just leave them alone? The witch stood atop of a roof, examining them. "Well, wasn't that entertaining? A true hero's tale!" Agatha disappeared in a puff of purple smoke, only to appear a few roofs over. "If you really want this to end, Wanda. You'll have to face me!"

Wanda watched her teleport herself until she reached the town square, she turned to her brother and ex-neighbor. "Make sure to protect the citizens, I'll take care of Agatha. Pietro, if you have time, go find my husband."

The speedster chuckled at her play on words before grabbing Monica and speeding away. She used her magic to follow the witch, keeping an eye out for any surprise attacks. She was relieved when none came, and she joined Agatha on the rooftop of a building. She had a book open and started reading the ancient pages.
"The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no need for coven or incantations; her powers exceed those of the sorcerer supreme. It is her destiny to destroy the world." She concluded as she closed the book. "Well, you were sure forged, Wanda! And might I say, your determination to keep your little world is simply disgusting. I have done some terrible things in my life, but saving someone only to enslave them again? That's low."

Anger flared through Wanda's body at her taunting, she had no right to tell her what was wrong. What she had done to Pietro might have been bad, but she had never attempted to kill children in front of their family as she had done earlier. She sent a blast of magic towards Agatha, who seemed to simply absorb it with a satisfying smile. Wanda realized with horror that her fingertips were turning black and cold. She refrained from attacking again and floated down to the street, where people were walking.

"You don't think what you're doing to your not-brother is bad? Then consider this!" With a wave of her hand, everyone in the town woke up. They all started flocking her, telling her their experiences.
"We can't see our children unless you let us!"
"When we sleep, we dream about your nightmares."
"Please just let us go!"
The voices started overwhelming her, how could she do this? No one asked for this! How had she become so desperate as to become the very evil she used to fight? Thinking became more difficult as the voices became louder, more desperate. She covered her ears and screamed in an attempt to block them out, but soon realized that her magic had taken it one step further and was now chocking the citizens. Panicking, she quickly willed away her magic, letting them breathe once more.
"Please let us go," implored Mrs. Hart, "if not, just kill us."
Wanda froze at the woman's pleas. Had her magic made them suffer that much? They had mentioned dreaming of her nightmares. She squeezed her eyes, she had to make a decision. Denial wasn't an option, they were all suffering because of her. She had to fix her mistake.

She had to.