[01] 𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

Enjoy the story! This is my first fan fiction so please put some feedback or comments that can help me get better! Some ideas that can definitely make me and this story better.

This chapter might be a bit confusing and a bit dull. But hopefully so, the next chapter will be a bit more interesting.

(READ, SO NO CONFUSION!)
Y/N has the special ability to touch and or feel a human or souls presence in order to see through a small amount of memories.

________________________________

                               [1]

                               [1]

y/n looked up at the night sky. it was empty as there were no stars, but still however beautiful. she heard the sound of crickets chirping, and the sound of loud cicadas singing horrendously.

she averted her head back towards the path she took. she had a worried gaze as she knew there were active hillichurls and creatures wandering around. then, something caught her eye. the crowd of bright green fireflies which suddenly appeared right in front of her, lighting up a small space.

she held her hand out to one, briefly encasing it in a gentle fist. she started to feel it's emotions leak into her mind like an abrupt stream of water. she closed her eyes for a moment to indulge in its presence.

it had a lively and warm feeling to it. "this firefly must be... delighted."  she whispered with a smile as she opened her eyes and then brought her hand out to let it free. it flew away along with its friends.

y/n was also in a pleasant mood, and eagerly walked the destination to the Wangshu Inn, hoping to get a good nights sleep there.

y/n paused.
'am i even going the right way.'

all she had followed were flickering light posts and a nearly unidentical dirt path. she couldn't even spot the wangshu inn anywhere in the distance. then she sighed in disbelief.

y/n silently scolded herself for being ripped off her money a few hours back during her desperate journey. if it weren't for her horrible mistake, perhaps she would've found it by now.

while walking on the damp dirt path with soil sticking onto the bottom of her shoes, she felt a small eerie presence suddenly drop into the once peaceful ambience. yet the presence came from such a long distance, it felt strongly compelling.

y/n turned her head around, looking for this 'presence' she felt a moment ago. she stopped in her path to see a figure that was too dark and far too see from where she was standing.

even though, y/n took a few steps closer nevertheless. ignoring the fact that something regrettable may even happen since it felt dangerous.