[05] 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 & 𝐓𝐨𝐟𝐮

[5]A small before

                               [5]
A small before.

as xiao woke up, he felt arms wrapped around his waist. it felt heavy, and little uncomfortable. after lying on the cold hard ground of the cave for hours, the left side of his body hurt.

he started to groan as his body ached.

he grabbed y/n's arm from his waist and got up. He looked down at her as he realized what was happening. Then looked back up and turned around. His face was filled with embarrassment.

______
The sun arose and dawn had hit. The clouds painted orange and yellow. Stars dissolved back into the faint pink sky. y/n stretched her arms and legs. Yawning to the cold wind that came into the cave.
As she opened her eyes, Xiao wasn't there.
"Xiao?" y/n said, still sleepy as her voice was subtly low.

She looked around and spotted him outside of the cave entrance sitting alone as he watched the sun go up. "It's quite enjoyable to see the sunrise. Though the fog is making it difficult to see." Xiao spoke.

y/n looked at him as his golden eyes focused on the solid yellow sun. "When did you wake up?"

"Hm. I guess around 6."

"6? You could've slept in a bit more."

"I knew if I slept, I'd continue to have those..awful dreams."

'Ah..' y/n thought as she thought back to last night.

Looking at her pocket watch, it was currently seven.

"I should've not brought that up actually. You'll be pitying me, correct?"

y/n didn't speak.

Xiao got up and pulled out his hand, awaiting for y/n to grab it. Xiao then spoke, "let's go back to the Wangshu Inn. After that--"

Xiao paused for a second. He averted his gaze, avoiding y/n's eyes.

"Let's part our ways." He finished.
Disappointed to realize that they might as well not see each other again after this, y/n had a lot on her mind. She felt herself frowning.

______

Walking back to the Wangshu Inn wasn't hard. Though it was a bit stressful with all the mud stuck onto their shoes since it rained the other night. "This is annoying.." Xiao muttered.

"I'm sure the mud will be out of our way soon." y/n responded back to Xiao who couldn't care less anymore since his shoes were already covered in mud.

As they both walked, y/n pondered about the other day. She remembered how Xiao said he had hesitated mid-way through the fight for her. Though, she didn't quite know why. The very thought of it made her cheeks feel hot.