[08] 𝐄𝐧𝐯𝐲

[8]

                                [8]

Xiao dipped his hands into the cold river and splashed some water on his face. He sighed as he soon grabbed a small towel he kept. He quickly dried himself with the towel as he kneeled towards the river.

Soon, he laid his back against the gray boulder that was beside the stream.

He remembered that y/n had left him a tube of ointment a day before she left for Liyue Harbor. He pulled it out of the pockets of his pants and twisted the cap.

He had a small cut on his forefinger that was only minor, but it wouldn't hurt to apply some.

The cream smelled of a spicy floral scent considering it was made of all sorts of herbs.

As soon as it was applied and rubbed around, it suddenly felt cold. Maybe it meant it was working. Xiao had a small smile.

Xiao suddenly stopped as his eyes widened for a moment. He looked into his reflection from the blue river. He looked at how disappointed his expression was.

..Perhaps she wasn't planning on returning.

She never really stated she would.

A part of him wished that she would return. A part of him wanted her to stay. Yet, he didn't exactly know why. Something pined and pried for her, and that feeling was indescribable.
_____

It was a nice day. The sun radiated throughout the city. y/n walked out and went to the man selling grilled tigerfish. It was the cheapest food out here that she could purchase with her last bits of mora.

"One please." y/n said as she lifted her hand and back down to grab a few mora from her leather pouch.

"How about the man behind you? Does he want one?" The seller responded. 'Is it Zhongli again? Does he need to tell me something." y/n turned around, seeing that it was someone unexpected.

"Oh it seems we meet again! y/n, hello." Tartaglia greets. He seemed happy to see her as his dull blue eyes gleamed with joy.

y/n flinched, "I was hoping I wouldn't bump into anyone." She mumbled. Especially him, although she didn't
know why she was so irritated from seeing him. Perhaps it was because it was her last day in Liyue Harbor and it affected her attitude.

"Huh?" Tartaglia curiously let out.

"Ah nothing! What brings you here Tartaglia?" y/n responded quickly.