[15] 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

[15]

xiao felt soft platters of rain fall into his palm as he reached out his hand. "it's getting darker, and it'll most definitely rain soon." he said so surely.

"should we head back now before it starts to shower?" y/n asked looking at his side profile.

she wondered how such a gorgeous man ended up being her significant other. he was practically ethereal.

it it weren't for him being a yaksha, he probably would've been worshipped in Liyue like a national treasure for his bewildering looks.

"that would be best." xiao interrupted his through a and turned to look at her and reached out a hand for her to get up.

"thank you." y/n gripped onto his hand and then rose up from the prickly grass.
——-
they were both having a small date under the large willow tree. it's leaves had already been shredded off due to the harsh conditions of nature. now, piles of orange and yellow leaves laid below the tree. now that they were finally together, everything had felt clear.
——-
they both walked to the wangshu inn, holding hands.

"shall i cook something when we get back? it's almost lunch time after all." y/n spoke, xiao looked immediately at her. he let out a small huff.

"almond tofu.." he muttered quietly, but there was a slightly small hesitation in his voice. "just cook it right this time." he spoke a bit louder.

"of course.." y/n reassured, recalling the one time xiao called her almond tofu rubbery. she winced at that memory. she failed miserably that time, especially after she bragged about being a great chef.

"i wonder where tartaglia is." y/n questioned to herself. though it subconsciously came out on its own. she did kind of miss his face. he had a bright personality. and, there was more to discover about him. things were left unfinished that time he suddenly disappeared.

"don't worry about that damned harbinger. he'll end up winding up more trouble." xiao said as he had a sense of annoyance in his voice. after all, this harbinger did try to destroy liyue.

the wangshu inn reared closer and so did the clouds. they both began to pick up their pace.

___

"oh my, how'd you both get so wet?" verr goldet said with sarcasm, stifling a laugh away. she ignored the fact that it was raining outside. though, she was more concerned about the fact they were dripping onto her wood floors. she would have to clean that up later.

"i'll get you two towels, just stay in one place. i wouldn't want you two dirtying the entire place." verr goldet said and hurried. xiao drove his dripping wet hair back and sighed. "are you fine?" xiao asked y/n.

archons, he had looked good drenched too. the water which soaked into his clothes only helped to exaggerate his bare muscles as his wet sleeves tightened around his arms. she could even see his abs and luscious—