Chapter 16: Captain Arnaka

AN: I kinda wanna watch the pirates of the Caribbean right now... I haven't seen it in ages. Next part up soon!

"I still can't believe how awesome you are with the guitar." I smile as Juleka fiddles with her guitar. "Love of music runs in my family-" Juleka is cut off my Rose screaming into a microphone.

"This is our very first concert! It's going to be awesome!" I cringe, the feedback making my ears ring slightly. We laugh for a second, as I rub my ears "So Jules, you were saying?" I question, before we get cut off yet again. This time by Juleka's mother.

"Captain Arnaka speakin' to ya! So how's it comin' along me young pirates! Ready to celebrate the-" She cuts herself off once she looks at Marinette. I look to Juleka who just shrugs. "What you up to there?" She says before inspecting the box in Mari's hands.

"Uhh hello ma'am, um I'm cleaning up for tonight. Your boat is gonna be clean as a whistle." Mari reassures. "You're cleaning?" she lets out a loud laugh before throwing the contents of the box across the deck. "We never clean up in this house. Didn't my daughter tell ya?" She asks.

"God your place is awesome." I whisper to Jules, earning a smile.

"There are no rules on the liberty! Out of chaos comes creation! Messiness is life!" Captain Arnaka exclaims.

After that short speech, Alya, Mari and Nino head off somewhere else on the boat.

"We should go tell them we're ready right?" I ask, earning nods from Juleka and Rose. "Alright. They went that way." I say before walking in the direction the others went.

Once we've found them, I notice Marinette looking glum. I guess that means Adrien can't make it. That sucks. "We're ready Captain!" I call to them.

"Hey, Marinette, since you're free of your cleaning duties, could you go tell Luka we're waiting on him for rehearsals?" She asks the bluenette.

"Of course. B-but who's Luka and where is he?" She stutters. I debate for a second before saying "He's Juleka's brother. I'll come with you, c'mon." with a smile.

"Thanks Yn." Mari says, walking to me.

"He's probably in his cabin so... this way." I say as we head down. "So, Yn, how do you know Luka?" She asks as we walk.

"Well, I bumped into him once or twice, then I became friends with Juleka and Rose, so I've been on this boat quite a few times. Last time I was here was-" I stop walking abruptly, that was the last time I was here? Damn... let's not talk to her about that.

"It was a little while ago I think... but yeah, I've spoken to him a lot." I say before walking again. "Cool." She says in response. "Okay this is the door. Don't look so nervous he's a great guy." I reassure.

"YN!" I recognise Rose's voice.

"You can handle this. I have been summoned elsewhere. See ya in a little bit Mari!"

~

Ughhhhh so bulky. I mentally whine as I walk back on deck carrying a box I was sent down to get.

When I reach the others, Mylène, Alya, Nino and Mari are sitting on boxes watching Luka, Juleka and Rose. Once he notices me, Luke sends a wink my way. I flash him a smile in return.

I put what I'm holding down, sit on a box near Marinette and sigh. Mari however, pays no attention. I notice she has that look on her face when she's daydreaming about Adrien. I follow her gaze...

and see Luka.

"She's totally got a crush!" Alya excitedly whispers to me. "What about Adrien?" I ask curiously. "Well she was gonna move on eventually girl. He rarely shows up because of his dad, and she can't even talk to him." I nod and give her a fake smile. She seems convinced though, which is good enough.

Once she looks away look down at the floor and subconsciously frown slightly, unaware that my drop in mood had caught someone's attention.

Out of nowhere, I hear Mylène's voice. "You're gonna need these." She says, holding out earplugs. I take them, and put them in my ears.

Luka plays a single note, and it feels as though we've been blasted backwards by some invisible force. The noise ricochets into the distance, leaving me and the girls... and Nino with shocked expressions.

"That was awesome." I break the newfound silence.

Our attention is taken by something else however when helicopters and police cars arrive. That was pretty loud. I even saw a car in the distance tip. How did we survive that. There's no way we're as robust as cars.

"Mrs. Arnaka are you completely out of your mind? I'm reading one hundred and sixty decibels. That 10 times the sound of a jet engine! You just can't do this. You'll have to play something else." One of the Cops says through a megaphone.

However, our strong-willed and good spirited Captain is not going down that easy. Even if tipping over cars was a bit much..

"It's a national music festival today officer Roger. My crew's allowed to play whatever they want!" She defends.

"It's a music festival not a noise festival." Officer Roger retorts. We look between the two, standing awkwardly as their argument continues. "If you don't turn the volume down, I'll ban your concert altogether." He threatens.

At that point, Marinette walks over to Captain Arnaka. She tries to reason with her, but the woman is stubborn. Even though its admirable to be this string and all, they've been looking forward to this. Please just sort this out! I mentally beg.

"Out of the question! I didn't name my galleon 'Liberty' for nothing you know! It's a matter of principle. Haven't you ever heard of freedom of speech Roger?" Isn't that am American thing? Or am I just dumb...

"This is me home. I do as I want!"

Roger proceeds to approach us, and ask for documentation.

"This is not gonna end well..." I mumble.