Chapter 5: Patrol

AN: Yo guys. I'm back from my zero minute break yay! I don't have an update schedule, but I do have loads of free time. For now. But I will finish this book. Okay time skedaddle over to your story. Shall we?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YN POV:

I'm home. I've done my homework. I'm bored. It's pretty late. 11:02 huh. I wanna go out and sling some webs. Where's my supersuit? ah. here it is! I grab my suit from my bag and put it on. I look in the mirror. This suit is amazing. And it makes me look super good. I love you my child. Aunt A/n is asleep so the coast is clear for me. I jump out the window and into the night. Web swinging is the best feeling ever. It feels really freeing. I land on a rooftop from which you can see the lit up Eiffel Tower. It's beautiful.
I just stare at the view. I could get used to this. I feel weirdly compelled to sing something right now... I'mma do it. Why not. There is no one here. (Song up top) I just sit here, and sing.

"Hey mom, Dead Mom
I need a little help here
I'm prob'ly talking to myself here
But Dead Mom I gotta ask
Are you really in the ground?
'Cause I feel you all around me
Are you here, Dead Mom?
Dead Mom

Dead Mom
I'm tired of trying to iron out my creases
I'm a bunch of broken pieces
It was you who made me whole
Every day dad's staring at me
Like all "hurry up get happy
Move along
Forget about your mom"

'Cause daddy's in denial
Daddy doesn't wanna feel
He wants me to smile
And clap like a performing seal
Ignored it for a while
But daddy's lost his mind for real
You won't believe the mess that we've become

You're my home
My destination
And I'm your clone
Your strange creation
You held my hand
And life came easy
Now jokes don't land
And no one sees me
Nothing seems to fit
Mamma is this it?
Are you receiving?
I want something to believe in or I'm done

Take me where my soul can run or I'll be in my bedroom
Wake me when I'm twenty one
Daddy's moving forward
Daddy didn't lose a mom

Mamma won't you send a sign?
I'm running out of hope and time
A plague of mice, a lightning strike
Or drop a nuclear bomb

No more playing daddy's game
I'll go insane if things don't change
Whatever it takes to make him say your name
Dead Mom"

I hear footsteps approaching from behind me. "I was wondering if you guys patrolled at night." I say. "How did you know it was me?" I hear Chat say with a chuckle. "This is like a ten storey building. The door to the roof is locked. It was either you or LB. But I would have heard her yoyo hit something." I explain, not taking my eyes of the Eiffel Tower. Out of the corner of my eyes I see him sit next to me. "Why that song?" He asked me, now looking at the view too.
"Because I can relate to it. My mom passed away a while ago and my dad sorta went crazy. He became a huge dick to me. He would insult me and pressure me to pretend that I was okay with everything. But most of all after my mom was gone everyone started treating me differently. It sucked. No one got me. When I confronted them about it all, they left me alone because they thought I was ungrateful or whatever." I sighed. He was looking at me now, but I couldn't look him in the eye. Looking people in they eye stresses me out. Even in my suit.
"I lost my mom too." He said. Now I actually looked at him and titled my head. "She was the most amazing person ever. My dad puts pressure on me too. He wants me to be perfect. Even if that means hurting me in the process." I put a hand in his shoulder. "I think the lesson we've learnt is that dads suck." I say, earning a chuckle from the blond next to me. There is a pause before "So I'm your favourite huh?" He says teasingly. "Don't make me take it back kitty." I respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YN POV still:

Ring ring ring

Ughhhh my alaaaaarm. I stayed up way too late because of the dumb cat.
I do my usual routine then go downstairs. "Morning YN! Sleep well?" Aunt A/n asks me."No Auntie. I am so tired." I answer her with a yawn. She examines my face for a second. "You look perfectly fine to me. Now, off to school with yeh!" She exclaims whilst she pushes me towards the door.

At school I see Nathaniel heading my way. "Wanna walk to class?" He asks me at the lockers. "Hell ye. Lez go." I say. Why can't I speak like a normal person. Ayyyyye! As we are walking we talk. And the subject reaches Nathaniel's crush on Marinette. "So, you gonna tell her?" I ask him already knowing the answer. "No. I just can't. You know?" He answers. "Yeah. I gotchu. It's just... I really ship you guys." I say making him blush. "I totally see it Nath. I'm gonna help you get the girl." I say making his blush darken.
"Calm down now, you'll become as red as your hair." I say laughing a little. I trip over someone's foot and start falling. Someone catches me. I look up to see... Luka. "We should stop meeting like this." He says. "Yeah sorry. My fault this time." I say as I stand again. "Are you saying it was my fault last time?" He teases. I answer with a simple "maybe." We laugh for sec and then I realise. "Oh uh, Luka this is Nathaniel,  Nathaniel this is Luka. I met him before the attack yesterday." They shake hands as Luka says "Nice to meet you Nathaniel" with a smile.
Nathaniel just looks away. I mouth 'he's shy' at Luka and he nods. Just then the bell rings. "See you later?" I ask him. "Maybe." He says. I glared at him playfully and then once more, we split up. I walk into class and I sit next to Nathaniel again. Alya and the others wave at me and I wave back, smiling. Nathaniel blushes when Marinette looks at him. He is 100% a human tomato. No doubt. In class Nath and I just talk and draw again. I'm suprised we never get reprimanded...
After class I go over the the squad (Marinette, Alya, Adrien and Nino) and Alya turns to me. "Hey girl!" She says and gives me a hug. I hug back awkwardly and smile at the others. Adrien and Nino smile back, but Marinette is just staring at Adrien. Alya lets go of me and explains what they were talking about. "We were talking about having a seriously super stupid sleepover! You in?" She asks. "Hell yeah." I answer grinning.
"Now we just have to figure out who's house to go to." She trails off a little bit at the end. "We can't go to mine. It's a mess dude." Nino says. "My father would never let people over. I'm lucky I can come at all." Adrien says. I give him a sympathetic smile, that he returns. "My place is too small for all of us. I'm sorry." Marinette says. "Don't worry about it Mari. We can got to my place!" I tell them. "Sounds good to me." Adrien says and everyone else agrees. "When is this happening?" I ask them. They all look at each other before Mari mumbles out "tonight..."