Chapter 19: Justice 4 Jules

"Alright! Everybody look at the camera! Perfect!" The photographer exclaims at the other class, clearly passionate about his job.

Class photo day is the worst. Taking photos is the worst. I inwardly groan.

"I'm gonna be in a photo with Adrien! I'm gonna be in a photo with Adrien!" Mari repeats excitedly, unable to keep her body still. "Riiiiight cause its a class photo, and you're in the same class as Adrien." Alya reminds.

However her tone goes right over the excited girl's head as she nods excitedly. "Amazing isn't it?" She muses.

"I can't imagine what it's like to have that much energy." I yawn, resting my head on my hand making Alya nudge me.

"Oh. my. god! What if we're in the same row!" Mari seems even more excited which I didn't think was possible.

"Oh girl you're too funny. Just smile and whatever happens up there, don't forget to breathe." Alya responds. "Yeah we don't wanna take to you to the nurses office again." I chime in.

"At least you know you're gonna be in the photo." Juleka voices from behind us making me sigh. "You do have bad luck with photos..." I comment.

"Oh Juleka I'm telling you you're not jinxed. This time it's gonna work out I can feel it!" Rose reassures.

"Yeah. I can't think of anything that could go wrong this time." I contribute.

"What's this about you being jinxed?" Mari asks and I try my best not to glare at her for butting in. Naturally I'm not one hundred percent happy with Ms. Dupain-Cheng right now.

Juleka sighs and explains how ever since she was little something would go wrong if someone tried to take a picture of her.

"Don't worry. We'll do everything we can to make sure it goes right this time." Marinette tries to cheer her up.

"Maybe you can transfer the curse to me. I hate taking photos." I say, dreading the coming moments.

The cameraman adjusts all his tech before walking over, making my stomach sink.

"Okay, time to flash your pearly whites! You kids sit at the front."

Alix, Mylene, Marinette, Rose and Max sit on the bench.

"Look Sabrina! They're up front in the baby seats!" Chloe begins. "Go on rugrats! Don't forget to take your thumbs out of your mouths!" She taunts before laughing.

I'm too tired for this shit. I think to myself before saying plainly, "Chloe, I will smite you." which seems to shut her up.

"Next row... you, you, you, and you." He says pointing to Alya, Sabrina, Chloe and I.

"Chloe he's just doing his job. Don't blame him cause you're short." I remark walking away with the others while Chloe argues with the photographer.

"The rest of you boys stand in the middle row."

"It's no big deal Chloe. As long as we're all in the same photo right?" Adrien reassures her.

"We aren't all here though... someone's missing." I think out loud. The photographer reaches the camera. "Perfect!" He says as I scan the people around us.

"Wait!" I shout out as he's about to press the button.

The others turn to me like I'm crazy.

"What?" He asks, annoyed.

"You forgot Juleka. She's still standing over there." I gesture to my friend still at the steps.

"Oh!" He says before approaching her.

She stands infront of me and Sabrina while the photographer comes back to the camera.

And it's even worse than I thought. I think to myself as Ivan keeps getting moved around. Chloe's incessant babbling is driving me insane. I complain.

Eventually he finds what he's looking for, and Chloe is still complaining.

"Say spaghetti!" The photographer says as he prepares to take the shot. Yeah no I'm not saying that.

"Ugh I can't belive this! I have to go fetch another battery. Nobody move."

I notice Juleka looking disappointed, but decide against following her to the bathroom. Something seems off when Sabrina goes too.

~

"Did she just not see the point of trying anymore?" Rose asks me as we look for Jules. "I don't think so... this must be Chloe's doing. That was way too convenient." I ponder.

"Jules? You here?" I question as we approach the bathroom.

That's when we notice a chair blocking the door to a stall.

"Poor sweet Juleka!" Rose exclaims before removing the chair.

Sure enough, Juleka was sitting there, sobbing. "I missed the photo didn't I?" She asks, dejected.

"I'm gonna slap the cheep make-up right off that lame Disney channel excuse of a mean girl." I say before going to the door. "Yn, wait!" Rose shouts.

"What?" I ask impatiently.

"That's not important right now. Focus on Juleka." She reminds me. I sigh and nod.

"Guys it's fine. Just forget about me. I'm invisible." She cried before running away.

Without hesitation, I go after her.