Chapter 12: Are You Flirting Couffaine?

An: S'up nerds? This chapter is your POV btw. Also, once again rushed. I only have time to do this at lunch since I have a doggo now, and he's a handful. But next one involves volpina so woo!

"Dang. Last time I was here I got akumatized." I remark as I board the boat with Juleka. She laughs nervously before hastily changing the subject.

"So what do you wanna do?" She asks as we head to her room. "I don't mind." I say, smiling at her.

"Alright... how about a movie?" She suggests, "hell yeah." I say happily.

"Huh. The only one here is 'The Woman in Black'." She states, picking up the DVD case. "Of course it is." I comment. "We can find something else if you want."

"No, no, it's fine Jules. Really. I love scary movies." I explain with a smile. She puts the DVD in, but immediately as it comes on, Rose is calling her. "I'll be right back." Juleka says, picking up the phone and leaving the room. And of course, as soon as she did, I come face to face with her brother.

"Hey Luka. I was hoping I'd see you at some point. It's been a while." I greet.

"Oh hey YN. What are you doing here?" He asks, seemingly confused by my sudden appearance.

"Didn't Juleka tell you? I'm sleeping over today." I say, turning to look at the TV again, (unaware that the male was blushing slightly at the thought of you wanting to see him.)

"You wanna join?" I ask, patting the empty space to my left. Without hesitation, he says "sure." And sits next to me. We both laugh at how weirdly dramatic the beginning of the movie is, until Juleka comes back into the room.

"Sorry about that, Mari just-" but she falls silent as she notices her brother sitting beside me. "When did you get back?" She asks him. "A few minutes ago. Why didn't you tell me YN was coming over?" He asks her in return.

"Because I didn't want to become the third wheel since I invited her." Juleka states blankly. At this point I turn to her too.

"Third wheel?" I question with a laugh.

"Oh my god YN you're as oblivious as Adrien." Juleka comments, laughing as well. I realise what she's suggesting, look at Luka for a second before looking away with pink dusting my cheeks.

"I ship it." She whispers to me, causing my blush to darken. Wow. This is embarrassing. I should stop teasing Mari so much. "I-I'm gonna go um... get a drink. I'll be back." I explain, laughing nervously and mentally cursing Juleka as I leave the room.

~

After an... eventful day, and a lot of slightly awkward moments, finally, I get to sleep.

Except...... I can't. Curse my fucked up sleep schedule! I inwardly groan.

I get up, and decide to get some fresh air. I walk quietly to avoid creaking floorboards to the best of my ability. Once on deck, I see that I'm not the only one who's having trouble sleeping.

Luka is sitting near the edge, cross-legged, holding his guitar. Blue and black hair blowing slightly because of the breeze, and somehow outlined by the moonlight.

"Yn? Why are you up so late?" He asks, noticing me too. I realise I'm staring, and quietly sit down next to him.

"Can't sleep?" He questions, earning a nod from me.

"Same here." He responds.

"So... what Juleka said today, about you being as clueless as Adrien, what did that mean?" He asks, I feel my face heat up again in response.

"That doesn't matter. She's wrong anyway." I state, second guessing every decision i have ever made.

"Well," he begins, approaching my face, making the blush even worse.

"If it's what I think it is," he continues, fingers on my chin to make me look at him.

"Then I think you really are oblivious." He says, leaning in slightly.

"Are you flirting Couffaine?" I ask, trying to sound confident, but my voice betrays me. He chuckles for a second, before smiling at me.

"Come on. Quit toying with me. I'm too tired for your games." I say, my voice finally functioning properly.

"Games?" He questions, slightly surprised.

"YN, you're smart, kind, funny, brave, considerate and beautiful. You're everything anyone could ask for. And I-"

"YN? You out here?" Juleka's voice interrupts him. Ignoring the immense amount blush I can tell is on my face, I get up and apologise before leaving.

"Hey Jules. What's up?" I greet her as we start going back to her room.

"I woke up and you were gone. I was scared there was an attack or something." She explains, not looking at me

"Sorry."

~

Another day. I'm back at school. I think to myself, sitting next to Nathaniel. "Do you know who Lila is? I've been hearing about her all morning." I complain, taking books out of my bag. That's when I notice a very frustrated Marinette.