Losing game (part 2)

Note : to those who asked for the part 2.

***

Jungkook was doing his morning routine in the coffee shop. Clad in black shirt and rolled his sleeve up, pair with black jeans cover by his barista's apron. He style his hair in man bun because it getting long. He was checking the espresso machine, make sure that the equipment run perfectly before the first customer orders. Ensure he has got all his supplies on hand, the right coffee, the right grind, the appropriate cups and saucers, and have spare pour-over filters to hand. It's the extra efficiency here that will allow him to make truly specialty coffee.

He love his job, very much, and he felt happy that he got a chance to use his skills at this new place. It's been 4 months since he started the day working in this shop. A different coffee shop, different atmosphere, different culture and different country for sure. Mark Tuan, the owner of the shop was his friend. Yes, he decide to moved in to LA. That time, Jungkook asked him for help and Mark couldn't be more happier. 'I told you along time ago that you'll always welcome here' he said. Even his family asked jungkook to stay in Tuan family's house, but he refused. He's already thankful enough that his hyung let him work in his coffee shop.

Actually until this very moment, he still questioning himself if he was doing the right thing. Did he? He was doing all of this because of her. He was staying away because he want her to be happy, and to protect his heart. He didn't know if his friendship with her can blossom into something more.

It's hard, but for one moment it is the best. It wasn't easy for him and to be honest, that feeling for her never go away completely. Obviously a new place not guarantee someone can move on. Maybe because he love her that much. There is a slight pain in his heart every single time he think about her with her lover. It hurts because his heart still care. But he believe, with time, he will learn to live with that pain, his mind will learn to live with it.

"Make sure you have some coffee before your first customer" Mark said at him. Jungkook turn his head, didn't realise that his boss already arrived. "You are the one who always early than the others Kook, even my brother" he said.

Jungkook chuckled, "I lived ten minutes from the shop hyung, remember?"

"Yeah, but still" Mark smile at him.

Today was a day like many others in the shop. People fill their coffee shops in order to obtain their critical morning. But as intense as the morning rush can be for those caffeine-craving crowds, it's even more so for the baristas across the counter who are literally working to make their day possible. They need to be committed to their coffee but even more so to their customers, and not just every day but with every drink. It's the passion that makes them a barista rather than a coffee lover.

For Jungkook, being a barista is both an art and a science. As with food recipes, anyone can cook but not everyone can be a chef. The most successful career baristas must be passionate about quality and customer service. From the first latte or cappuccino poured in the morning, until the evening hours with the different shift or those who take a full shift. The days are fast-paced, but there's great satisfaction in pouring the best espressos for the regulars.

Entering the late afternoon, there are not so many customer in the shop. People who just came probably won't have a problem finding an open table. It make Jungkook and his co worker have a little time to 'breathe'.

"Good afternoon!" So mi greet a customer who just came in with smile. A blonde girl clad in white crop top pair with blue denim pants stand near the cashier and didn't say anything. Instead she was staring at the man who was pouring a milk into a blender beside So mi.