Fifteen.

***SORRY IMPORTANT NOTE & then the chapter afterwards please read!***

Okay you guys I know you’re probably all mad at me and are all going to be like ‘FINALLY I got bored so I’m not reading this anymore’ blah, blah, blah and honestly? I don’t really care because it’s your choice whether or not you want to read it and just because you send me messages swearing or attempting to affect my feelings by insulting me – it’s not going to work.

Now the reason(s) I haven’t uploaded for two months is pretty relevant. 1. My uni application stuffed up four times and drove me mad to the point where I just dropped out and went into another course (that I hate) all together AND EVEN THEN there were still stuff ups. It was finally sorted fully this week and I start uni next week.

2. Recently, my grandmother passed away and that kept me pre-occupied for a while. 3. We’re renovating at the moment and its hell in my house. 4. My laptop was in repairs for a while and whilst half of this chapter was completed, I couldn’t write it or do anything to get it up earlier because I couldn’t access it at all.

If you understand enough and actually read that note, thank you. I’ve tried to make it extra-long and I’m planning on updating again this week maybe once or twice more and then I’ll be back on schedule. Thanks for being patient with me. Love you guys heaps x

On with the chapter now…

---

Chapter Fifteen –

Caleb and I walked into the cafeteria for breakfast the next morning with his arm wrapped around my waist and a grin slapped onto both our faces. Being in our own little world however, we hadn’t realised that our circle of friends were literally that – a circle.

“What’s going on?” Caleb asked with a frown once we came to a halt at our usual table. Everyone looked up then – and their expressions which looked somewhat sympathetic turned into shock once they noticed where Caleb’s arm was.

“YES!” Jackson screamed suddenly, fist pumping the air. He started dancing around the circle until he reached Harry. “Pay up son!” A smug smile curled its way onto his lips as he held his palm out to Harry.

“Fucking hell.” Harry grumbled, shoving his hand into the back pocket of his jeans and shoving a crinkled $50 note into Jackson’s palm.

Jackson grinned back before straightening the note and sliding it across his nostrils. “Ah the smell of victory. I knew I could put my trust in you newbie! Oh, congratulations to the happy couple.” He winked at me before tapping Caleb on the back. Caleb scowled at the action.

“You bet on whether or not we’d get together?” I asked, half mortified.

Jackson nodded enthusiastically. “We knew it was going to happen at some point. I took the smart option and bet sooner rather than later because I had faith in you two.”

“You’re both fucking idiots.” Caleb grumbled.

“Where’s Nora?” I asked, looking around the circle to find the familiar face.

Every pair of eyes suddenly averted their gaze, and it was then that I could hear a faint sniffling coming from the inside of the circle. Nora emerged suddenly; her eyes were bloodshot and puffy and the top of her light blue shirt was wet. “I’m so happy for you two! I’ve been waiting for this day to come since you arrived.” Her voice cracked and her smile didn’t reach her eyes like it usually did. “I would hug you but you’re both weird with that kind of thing.”

“What’s wrong?” I frowned in worry. I had never seen her cry. Well I did when we watched Love Rosie; but even then it hadn’t been this bad.