Nine.

• Dedicated to To all of you lovely people x

^ Caleb a.k.a Steven Chevrin a.k.a my husband a.k.a eye candy ^

Chapter Nine -

"What is this place?" I asked nervously as Caleb's car came to a rolling stop at the edge of a cliff.

"It's where I kill you." Caleb replied in a flat tone, slamming his door shut.

I looked at him through the windscreen with wide eyes and he rolled his eyes before making his way over to my door and pulling it open. "If I really wanted to kill you, would I have bought you McDonalds to share?"

"Maybe you'd eat it as some sort of sick prize after you're done."

"Get out of my car." Caleb scoffed, letting go of the door handle and walking back to the hood of his car with the large bags filled with burgers that I predicted were cold by now.

I left the car and strolled over to him cautiously; just to be safe. "At least let me have some nuggets before I die."

"You're a pig. I can't believe I agreed to pay for all this food and only a quarter of it is mine."

"Hey! Don't call me a pig." I scowled, snatching one of the bigger bags from his grip angrily.

"What was that? All I could hear was oink oink." He began to snort from his nose and I threw a few pieces of fries at him in frustration.

"You're lucky there are no chairs around." I huffed in annoyance.

"Maybe it should be me that's worried about being murdered." Caleb cast a sideways glace in my direction, before he slowly started to slide away from me.

I laughed before sobering up and giving him a straight look. "Maybe you should."

He shook his head and rolled his eyes before turning back to face the blurred city lights in front of us, taking a huge bite of his burger in the process.

I began to take in the view as well, sighing in content at the faded sound of cars beeping at each other and the more dominant sound of crickets chirping in the surrounding grass. "Do you ever wonder what everyone is doing right now?"

"No, because I know they have no life at that hell hole." Caleb scoffed, taking another bite.

I frowned in confusion before shaking my head. "I don't mean at college. Look at the city in front of you. You can see lights everywhere. All of them must have a unique kind of story."

"Yeah. See that one over there?" Caleb pointed at the top of a building that had a lit window. "I bet you there are two people fucking each other as we speak. So unique and romantic." He sighed sarcastically, before putting the last of his burger in his mouth.

"Ew! You ruined the moment." I scowled, putting my half eaten burger down in disgust.

"Everyone's done it." He shrugged in response, starting on his second burger.

I stayed quiet, dragging my gaze back to the lights in front of me.

"It's your turn."

I looked back at Caleb in confusion. "My turn to what?"

"Pick a light and make up a story."

"Oh." I let out a small laugh before looking at the lights and biting my lip in thought as I searched for recognisable one. Once I found one easy to see, I pointed it out. "There. I bet you there are a mom and dad tucking their daughter in to bed right now. They're kissing her forehead and reassuring her that there are no monsters in her closet and they'll be right in the next room the entire time. She's probably too sleepy to argue, so she's nodding as they leave." Just as I finished my scenario, the light I had pointed to went out and we were left with a small black space.