Five.

Chapter Five –

“Have you seen Caleb?” Nora asked, tilting her head to the side in an attempt to get me to look up from my psychology text book.

“No.” I responded as my cheeks instantly began to heat up from the mental image of Caleb and me sleeping together.

“Hmm. Weird.” She muttered to herself.

I frowned. “Why is it weird? The guy always goes off on his own.”

“Yeah but it’s a Saturday. He usually hangs around us on Saturdays.” She pointed out.

I nodded in understanding before my eyes found the printed words of the text book again. “Maybe he’s with the others.”

Nora shook her head. “Portia just texted me. They’re all on their way up now. That means put your stupid books away, we’re going to have fun!” She pouted.

I groaned. “Can’t I use my last pass on tonight?” I widened my eyes and pouted in an attempt to do the ‘puppy dog’ look and convince Nora into letting me stay.

Her glare remained stern. “No. You’ve only gone out with us once and you’ve been here for over a month! Plus, we’re going into the city tonight, you have to come!” She insisted, grabbing the text book from my lap and slamming it shut.

I looked down at my maroon coloured jacket and grey sweats. “I’m definitely dressed for the occasion.” I commented with a sly grin.

Nora’s angered eyes slid down and examined my current attire. “Ugh, I hate you. You have 15 minutes to get dressed and meet us all back here! I’ll do your makeup, just wear something nice!” She pulled me up and began pushing me out of the cafeteria, just as our usual group of friends started to pile in.

“Where’s newbie going?” Jackson exclaimed.

“She’s going to get dressed.” Nora replied, still forcing me out.

“I hate being alone here.” Leyla whined, putting her thumb inside the book she was reading and closing it shut.

Linda adjusted her jacket to protect her from the cold. “Do you want me to stay Leyla?”

“No way! I’m not dragging anyone down with me. Go have fun! I have to live my social life through you.” She joked, bringing the book back up to her face as she began to read it.

“Ella! Go!” Nora shouted, giving me one last shove.

I laughed and began jogging away from the group, trying to get to the dorm before Nora’s wrath was unleashed upon me.

I got to the dorm room just as Caleb did. “Hey, where have you been?”

“Somewhere you haven’t.” He responded flatly.

I glared at his back as he unlocked our door. “Nora’s been looking for you.”

“I’m not going. I thought I made that obvious.” He snarled in response, swinging the door open carelessly for me to enter after him.

I closed it softly before speaking up again. “No need to shoot the messenger.” I grumbled. “Where do you guys usually go? I don’t want to be too underdressed or too overdressed.” I called out once I walked into the room full of our clothes.

There was no response from Caleb, and I frowned before turning to the doorway and squealing in shock. “You’re going?” He asked with raised eyebrows.

“Nora’s forcing me.”

“Just wear jeans and a shirt.” He grunted, turning away from the doorway.