~ Old Spells ~

Author pov

After spending the day with Chanyeol's parents and exploring the realm itself, the boys were now in their respectful rooms doing whatever. 

"Fuck- we completely forgot to ask how those siblings were able to hold the crystal" Junmyeon says aloud, mostly to himself. Yixing, who was lying on the bed, heard him and replied softly, "Oh yeah, we could go to Chanyeol if you'd like".  "Or I could, actually. You seem pretty worn out" He continues as he sits up after noticing how tired his boyfriend looks. "Yeah, can you do that please?" Junmyeon asks softly.

Chuckling, Yixing then stands up and heads towards the other to give him a soft kiss on the forehead. "Of course. You go ahead and get some rest" he said and left the room to head to Chanyeol's. He passed by Taoris' room and decided to take a quick check on the two. Opening the door to poke his head in after knocking, Yixing sees the couple on the bed cuddling.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kris, who had a what looked to be sleeping Tao on his chest, asked him. "Oh no, I just wanted to check on you guys while on my way to Chanyeol. You two have been awfully quiet since we got here" Yixing answers with a small smile. "We were just tired, don't worry" The other answered softly. "Well I'll leave then so you two can rest up" Yixing then replies and exits the room to continue to find Chanyeol. 

He makes his way to Chanbaek's room while humming a tune softly only to see that Baekhyun's in the room alone. Asking him the whereabouts of his boyfriend, Yixing gets the answer that Chanyeol is somewhere with his mom. "I didn't get the details but can't you just link him?" Baekhyun says from where he's standing watching Yixing space out. "Oh wait shit- I can! Thanks!" He exclaims and runs out the room making Baekhyun shake his head with a light chuckle.

'Chanyeol! Where are you? I need to talk to you' The chinese links while lightly jogging down the halls in search for the taller. 'Hi to you too, hyung. I'm in the main room. What's up?' Chanyeol answers only to get silence in response. 'Hyung?' He tries again. 'I- uh yeah hi. I'll tell you when i get to you' Yixing answers and closes the link as he made his way to the main room.

Entering the main room, he sees Chanyeol sitting there and chatting away with his mom. He stops in his tracks starting to wonder if he should ask about the crystal a little later when the younger was alone. But his plan to do so backfired right when Mrs Park spotted him standing in the doorway.

"Yixing, sweetie! What brings you here? I'm guessing you have to talk with Chanyeol?" She says with a light chuckle. "Ah yes. If it's ok, may I take Chanyeol for a bit?" Yixing asks sheepishly. "Oh of course you can! Go on now" Mrs Park answers as she smiles.

Chanyeol could only look at the older confused as he never answered him before through mind link. Following Yixing through the hallway and outside, he finally gets the answer to his question. "So, Junmyeon just remembered a little while ago that we forgot to ask about how the siblings were able to hold your crystal that only your people should be able to hold" The chinese explains as they make their way to the realms one and only library (that is excluding the library in the palace). 

"Oh wait shit, you're right. Well, we do have a historian, if that's what you wanna call it, here that could probably help with that. Her and her family have been the ones who know most about our history along with being the ones who wrote our history books that we know today for the past few centuries. Her name's Kim Yongsun or Solar (a/n: yes, solar as i couldnt think of anyone else but at the same time why tf not), she should be in the library reading a book or something" Chanyeol explains. 

Yixing's facial expression changes to one of confusion as Chanyeol finishes what he's saying. The two, along with the other four, have been the best of friends for as long as he can remember but he can't seem to recall there ever being a Kim Yongsun in the realm anywhere. Ignoring the thought, they entered said library, and just like what Chanyeol said, they found a girl sitting on a couch placed near the wall calmly reading a book. 

Solar is just a tad bit older than the boys. The girl has been helping her mother in the same library since she was still a little kid and has grown to love history and all the books stored that no one ever reads. She could go as far as to say that she's read all if not most of the books in the gigantic room.

Hearing the doors open, she lifts her head and spots the two boys walk in. Solar closes the book she was reading, not forgetting to put a bookmark in, and stood up to greet the two. "Chanyeol! It's been so long, gosh" She says and throws her hands in the air dramatically. "It hasn't been that long. Anyway, this is Yixing hyung. Hyung, this is Solar" Chanyeol says softly. "Oh! You're probably so confused on who I am. I'm Solar as the giant just said and I'm the 'historian' of this realm! And to answer your questions, you've never seen me around before because I'm always cooped up in here reading books" she explains with a bright smile plastered on her face. "Now, what are you guys here for?" The historian continues.

Yixing glances at Chanyeol for a quick second and reverts his eyesight back to the girl stood in front of her. "We're here to ask if you possibly know how a person can hold a crystal that doesn't belong to their realm..." He asks just as Chanyeol brought out his realms crystal for her to see. "Right... Wanna tell me what happened?" She says, turning on her heels and walking away to go grab a book that might be useful with the two boys following her like a shadow. 

They explained to her everything they saw during the battle and how the siblings were holding the crystal without any sign of pain. Her face turns to one of surprise when they tell her that specific part. 'How the fuck..' she thought as she stops in front of a bookshelf and looks through the books, trying to find the right one. "Aha!" she whispered when she spotted the specific book. 'Spells of The Past' (a/n: i dont know either man :'))

Grabbing the book, Solar tells the boys to follow her to a table and that's when she starts explaining what she thinks is happening. "Ok, so this is a book of old spells that our elders used way back in the day. I'm thinking that they used this specific spell" she starts and opens the book straight to the page of a spell, pointing to it. "When one uses this spell on themselves, it makes them capable of holding another realms crystal as the spell essentially changes the origin of one, realm wise, and tricks the crystal into thinking that the one holding it is someone from it's realm when in reality, that someone is not" she continues, looking up to the boys with a serious look on her face, the smile from before completely gone making the boys nod in understanding. "But, these spells should really only be known by our people so I'm not sure about how or where they got it from" she then sighs and slumped in her chair. 

The older then thought about all the people who've stopped by the library in the past week, which wasn't much, and something in her mind clicked. "Fuck..." she mumbled softly but the other two still hear her loud and clear. "What is it?" They ask simultaneously. 

"I think I might know what happened"

well fuck 🤠