Chapter 8

I was jittery as I walked to the lunchroom. The novelty of Noah Sylvan hadn't worn down completely even after the events of last night. And I was invited to sit with him and his friends... or more likely ordered. 

These guys so needed to learn some manners.

As I entered the lunchroom I felt the familiar feeling of being watched. My eyes slid to his table but I saw only Elijah and Gordon sitting there. Looking around for him I headed toward the lunch line when I almost bumped into someone. Tingles erupted throughout my body and my breath hitched finding the emerald green eyes looking down at me.

Noah's hands were on my shoulders to stable me and I could feel their heat piercing through my woolen sweater and warming my skin. This was the first time I was seeing him since last night, and now just a simple look at him I felt my whole body charge. He filled me up with energy I didn't realize I was drained off.

"Watch where you're going Martin," he said, his eyes glinting playfully. "Or is the alcohol still to drain out of your head?"

My face heated. All my embarrassing shenanigans of last night swarmed into my mind.

He leaned down and the corner of his kissable lips lifted up in a smirk. "If you're still dizzy just say the word and I'll carry you."

The way his intense eyes took me in made me want to run away and throw myself at him at the same time. I was very much aware of his thumbs rubbing my shoulders. "I'm fine," I sighed.

"If you are done flirting with her then can we get our lunch," Silas, who was standing next to Noah, spoke. I hadn't noticed him earlier, too consumed by the other boy. "I'm starving." 

My cheeks flamed further.

Noah's fingers lightly squeezed my shoulders before he let go of me. I almost whined at the loss of his touch. "No one's stopping you, go get your lunch," he told Silas, not looking away from me.

"Come on lover boy, you can gawk at her later. Giselle needs to feed too," Silas said before he walked away to stand in the lunch line. 

Noah grabbed my hand like it was the most normal thing and pulled me with him to follow Silas. I entwined my fingers with his as we moved and saw a shy smile gracing his lips.

"Do you want a muffin?" He asked when we reached the counter.

"Sure." I smiled and he let go of my hand to grab the sweet treat from the lunch lady.

Silas was ahead of us chatting with some other people. I suddenly noticed that some of them were throwing curious glances at me. In fact now I realized many pair of eyes in the room were on Noah and me. Perhaps it was to be expected when a girl like me was hanging with one of the most coveted boys of school.

But the realization made me only more apprehensive. People's hushed whispers and finger pointings fueled my insecurities. I felt as though I wasn't deserving of Noah. Even Jason had said this morning that I wasn't his type.

A banana muffin dropped on my tray, bringing my attention back to the boy responsible for my pacing thoughts.

"I got myself chocolate chip if you want to share." Noah grinned and I swooned.

His cheeky grin lightened my mood instantly. It was so easy to ignore everything negative when he was beside me. When we were together it seemed that the whole world ceased to exist.

"Didn't peg you for a guy who shared his food." I raised my brows.

"I don't," he replied. "I never share what's mine." Something flashed in his green eyes and I had a feeling this was more than just about food.