Chapter 21

"How was school today?" I asked Gabriel. We were sitting on the park bench, mindlessly staring at others in front of us.

When school had ended Noah insisted to drop me and Gabriel home. He wanted to continue his conversation with my brother from the morning. After picking up Gabriel, we decided to make a stop at nearby park.

Right now Noah was purchasing candies at a stand despite me refusing him not to. He already did lot for me and my brother. The man was intent on spoiling us both.

"It was okay," Gabriel answered, "teacher taught us multiplication. She gave us homework too."

I nodded. "If you need help with it you can come to me."

"Okay," he said, shifting closer to me until our arms touched. Someone missed their sister.

I smiled, ruffling his hair.

I suppose Noah's words in the morning had played some role in making Gabriel let go of the grudge. He was talking to me now, though he was still shy. It was nothing new. It would take him less than a day to get back to his normal adorably annoying self once he got comfortable.

Noah showed up with three cotton candies. "Here you go," he said handing one to Gab.

"You shouldn't spend-"

Noah cut me off by shoving the candy in my face.

I sighed taking it from him. "You're spoiling him. Soon, he'll start expecting treats from you."

"What about you? Am I spoiling you too?" Noah's hand came to ruffle my hair.

I batted his hand away, shooting him a scowl.

"Yeah, it looks like it," he answered himself and chuckled before taking the seat next to Gabriel.

Gab and I thanked him and we all three ate our candies. It had been years since I had one of these. I might've bought it for my brother, but I never indulged myself to watch my weight. I forgot how good cotton candy tasted when I was a kid. I enjoyed the fluffiness and sweetness as it melted in my mouth.

Noah asked Gabriel about his day and that was the only cue my brother needed to start with his childish rambling. I knew Noah was just warming him up to coax information out of him, but he didn't seem impatient when Gab went on about how Matt got a paper cut or the teacher who praised him for getting the math problem right. He enjoyed my brother's long monologues.

"So Gab, you remember what we talked about in the morning?" Noah finally broached the real issue.

"Yeah, I didn't tell anyone about Realm of Magic or you," Gab replied immediately.

"Thanks." Noah grinned. "This all should remain only between the three of us. Okay?"

Gab nodded.

"Gab, tell me how you entered the realm and how you know Gorrie?"

"First time it was accident. I was hiding from Giselle. I didn't know I was even there, until Gorrie found me. He looked scared at first but then he helped me get back. He told me to think about our world. It took me time but I was back. Then Giselle found me.

"Next day I went there again. I did what Gorrie told me, but this time I imagined the realm and I was there. As I visited more Gorrie started talking to me and we became friends. He showed me magic tricks. He can change flower's color, make them grow in a second, talk to insects and birds... he can do lots of stuff that other magicians here can't do. 

"He showed me the forest too. There are so many things there that I have never seen before. Waterfalls, large caves, his family's ancient tree. It was fun. But he never took me to Arendell city even when I asked him so many times. He said it was too dangerous. Nobody should know that I'm there. That's why I never told Giselle about it. I wanted to show her the Realm too. But I had to keep it a secret. I can spend hours there but when I come back only few minutes have passed, so she never found out.