Chapter 14

The wall clock in my room showed ten thirty. Noah would be here anytime now. 

I swept a look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a cream sweater, navy blue jeans and a nude-colored long blazer over it. I had put on a pair of ankle high dark brown boots with semi-heels. I had managed to braid my hair in a half updo and also applied a little makeup. In all, I was looking nice.

I was excited for today. Last night I had barely caught sleep, tossing and turning on the bed, thinking about our date. Everything still felt so surreal. About a week ago I would've never believed that Noah and I would be going on a date together. He seemed too exquisite. Unattainable. 

And here we are now.

The doorbell rang and I grabbed my clutch before speeding downstairs. Mom was already at the door attending my handsome date. Gabriel was there too, trying to tear a wrapper of big chocolate in his tiny hands. 

"First say thank you Gab," my mother was scolding Gabriel, who muttered a low thank you. Noah smiled at his antics. 

"Hey," I said shyly, walking to them.

Noah looked at me. All the breath sucked out of me with the way his eyes drank me in from head to toe. His gaze was intense, making thousand butterflies flutter in my stomach. I guess I looked more than nice. 

He looked breathtaking himself, dressed in expensive leather jacket with black shirt underneath and gray jeans. His dark blond hair were slicked back with some kind of hair product. The man dressed to impress. And I was more than impressed. 

He cleared his throat. "Hey," he said as I stood near him.

It was hard to take my eyes off him but I managed to turn to my mother and said, "we're leaving."

She nodded, studying us with her hawk-like eyes. "Don't be late." Her words from last night still loomed in my mind, but I had decided to ignore them, at least for today. In fact, I wanted to ignore everything today, from some stupid Magic Realm to my fight with Gabriel. I just wanted to enjoy the day with Noah without any fears or insecurities.

"Don't worry Mrs. Martin, I'll bring her back on time," Noah assured her before we both stepped out.

Again I found his black Range Rover parked outside our house. "Are you giving up your Ferrari for good?" I asked jokingly as we walked to his car.

"No. I've reserved that car for your brother. I know you don't like sitting in flashy sports car," he replied and grinned teasingly, "it was quite a buzz kill to find my girl doesn't like speed."

"Or she's not fond of being in a road accident," I countered, while internally gushing that he called me his girl. I was also flattered how he was so observant about my likes and dislikes. He was so caring. 

"Trust me Martin when I say I won't even let a scratch come to you." His tone was light but he was very serious.

I bit back a smile. Was it wrong that I liked his protectiveness?

We climbed inside the car and put on the seat belts. He pulled out of our driveway and we were on the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Why don't you guess?" Noah gave a lopsided grin.

"Why don't you just tell?" I sang.

He chuckled. "I'm taking you to my place."

"W-what?" My eyes widened. "Why are we going there? Are your parents there? You should've told me before, I would dress better."

"Calm down. I'm not taking you there to meet my parents. They aren't home. I just I thought it's only fair you get to see my house after I saw yours. You should be able to barge in my place anytime too."