Chapter 20

Silas was leaning against his white Porsche as Noah parked his car next to his. He greeted me with a teasing smirk when we got out and Noah wrapped his arm around me. My cheeks tinted. Noah's blatant display of affection in front of him made me a little shy.

"Elijah and Gordon are already inside," Silas said, "they said something about seeing teacher for some project, but I'm pretty sure they are shagging in the janitor's closet."

"Hello to you too," Noah greeted, unimpressed.

Silas's grey eyes then moved to me and his lips split into a wide grin. "How's my sweet Giselle doing? Noah tattled about us to you, but going by how you're clinging onto each other I think you took it pretty well."

"Well someone warned me if I tried to run away he'll catch me," I joked, nudging Noah.

Silas's gaze lit up. "And I'll help him. You belong to us now," he drawled. Despite the amused smile, the glint in his eyes told me he was serious.

I think I should be running away from these crazy, rich goblins.

"Class is about to start, let's go," said Noah, letting go of my shoulders and taking my hand.

We stepped inside the wide open doors of Maple Ridge High. As three of us walked through the hallways I was very aware of the eyes and hushed comments that followed us. Even after a week I still felt conscious of the attention that came with being Noah's girl. Or more precisely 'his flavor of the month', as they said.

People talked and some of it reached my ears. Many students couldn't digest that Noah was dating me. His previous conquests had been hot rich girls, complete opposite to me. I also heard some girls were happy, thinking if Noah was willing to date me then they too had a chance, of course when he ended things with me in a week or two as it was expected of him.

I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry at all this.

At least I became popular. That's supposed to be a good thing for a high schooler, right?

If only I wasn't under the lens of glares and judgmental gazes.

But not all was bad. In classes and hallways, people smiled at me, waved at me, and some even approached me for hello-s and small talks. Sometimes I liked it, and other times it stung as I realized it wasn't my personality or me that made others talk to me, but my association with Noah Sylvan.

"You can go to your locker, I'll accompany Giselle to hers," Silas said to Noah.

"No need," replied Noah, pulling me closer, "I want to walk her to her class."

Silas smirked. "I have to admit Sylvan, clingy is a good look on you," he commented.

Noah glared at him which only widened his smirk.

"First my brother, now you. Companions make you lose it. Seeing you two I'm afraid to meet mine."

When Noah had told me Elijah and Gordon were companions, it wasn't much of a shock. Anyone could see they were very much into each other.

"Or you're just jealous that you're the only one who still remains single."

Silas raised his brows. "Single? I can get any girl to be my girlfriend before lunch."

"I'm not saying you can't score a girlfriend Silas. You know what I mean. It's not difficult to woo human girls and get into their pa-"

Noah stopped himself when he realized he was holding the hand of one of those human girls, who was glaring at him. I shook my head and yanked my hand out of his before stomping away.