cloud nine (karlxreader)

i am feeding my friend, the karl simp

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

he stood behind the counter, leaning his cheek into his hand and staring idly at the dust particles dancing around in the rays of golden morning sunlight streaming through the windows.

he contemplated making a coffee to wake himself up, but decided against it- he didnt really care too much for the bitter aftertaste. however, he didnt feel like putting the work into making his favorite (a caramel frappuccino with extra whipped cream) for himself, so he just continued to stare into space.

he let out a small yawn before he felt a hand pat his back. "tired?" he turned his head slightly to glance at the boy next to him. he recognized the voice obviously, but he was tired enough to need to see the tussled black hair and beanie to make sure. "morning alex," he mumbled, covering his mouth as he let out another yawn.

"that didnt answer my question. here," he bumped a drink softly against the brunette's arm. karl glanced at the drink.

"you are my lord and savior," he said, eagerly grabbing the drink from alex's hand with a dreamy look in his eyes. "i know," he responded, walking back into the break room, probably to get his apron.

he leaned back a little to see into the break room, holding on to the edge of the counter to keep himself upright, "hey use your actual nametag today!"

"nope!" the break door room slammed closed.

karl turned forward again, in a bit of a better mood. they were waiting on their coworker to arrive so they could open, but he seemed to be running late, so they were free to fuck around until then.

as long as phil and dream didnt notice they opened late.

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

you werent in a rush to get back home, so it was perfect when you spotted the cozy and quaint coffee shop on the block.

your roommates were great friends but they could be so...involved sometimes. you had a long day of trying to finish editing the piece your boss had sent ahead of you, but so far your friends had just been so loud and distracting the entire time.

you loved them, but it just was not fun and you were never going to get anything done back home.

the coffee shop had a pretty, dark wood aesthetic, with red mushrooms and dark green vines painted on some of the walls and the counter. the dark sign above the window had the name of the place in large, creme letters.

you adjusted the strap of your bag on your shoulder before crossing the street to the shop. a little bell sounded when you pushed open the glass door, and you saw the worker nearest you perk up at the sound. you stepped in, looking around and soaking in the homey interior of the place. you were almost the only person present save one college-aged boy in the corner, face buried in a textbook and a coffee cup next to him.