comforts (sapnapxreader)>:))

he would walk in, and immediately know something was wrong.

"whats wrong sunshine?" he'd ask, dropping his keys on the coffee table and walking to you. youd be in the kitchen, limply trying to open a jar. "nothing- nothing. im just kind of tired."

hed pry the jar from your hands and youd let him, watching as he placed it on the counter in front of you. "i know thats not it, tell me."

youd shake your head, "nothing sap, i swear."

but your hands would betray you, shaking as you went to run a few digits through your hair.

"bullshit, whats wrong?" he'd ask again, taking your wrists in his hands and looking into your eyes with ones deep with concern.

youd shake your head again. "i dont know," youd mumble, tears springing to the corners of your eyes.

hed lean forward to kiss your head gently, "okay." hed mutter into your hair before picking you up bridal style. youd let him, trusting him completely and not even having the energy to fight back if you didnt.

hed whisper compliments in your ear as he carried you to your shared bedroom, pushing the door open with his foot. youd be full on crying now, warm tears flowing down your cheeks as you tried to stop.

"im sorry," youd say as he set you down, immediately retreating away from him a little so not to bother him further, but hed kick off his shoes and climb in bed next to you, pulling you closer to him as you tried to wipe your tears brie they could get on his shirt anymore.

"im sorry," youd repeat as he laid you down, laying your forehead against his chest and letting your hands come up to grab at the fabric of his shirt s you sniffled.

"quit saying that, you have nothing to be sorry for," he'd say, petting your hair while the other hand rested comfortingly on the small of your back.

youd slowly be able to regulate yourself and tone down your emotions till tears stopped coming and your breathing slowed. the whole time he didnt adjust, keeping one hand in your hair and the ither on your back.

no longer crying you instead tilting your head upwards to place a kiss on his jaw, raven hair tickling your cheek as you did so.

"thank you."

he looked down at you, a sweet fondness in his eyes before leaning down to give you a proper kiss, one that was gentle and lingered on your lips when he pulled back.

"anytime," he pressed his face into your hair, his other hand coming down to wrap around your waist as well, "i love you."