kindly piss off vilbur dearest

ayo, this doesnt reflect how i feel about any of the characters i just needed them to act like this for the purpose of this hc :))

so youre the infamous wilbur soot," he said, voice and tone almost unrecognizable. wilbur's exhilarated eyes slid from the sunset over to the hybrid. "ah yes, ranboo. ghostbur liked you a lot. youre a very good person you know," wilbur purred, stepping forward to place a hand on the boy's shoulder, flashing a seemingly fond smile. ranboo resisted the urge to shrug off the hand, instead holding his own out for a handshake, "its nice to meet you."

tommy and tubbo barely noticed it, the hostility in ranboo's tone, the menacing way he stood at his full height instead of the usual slouch when speaking to the older.

they barely noticed it.

but it was there.

"nice to meet you too," wilbur responded, clasping ranboo's hand in his own, flashing that deceptive grin that made so many fall prey to his ways.

tommy stepped forward, positioning himself to stand as tall as he could next to ranboo, "wilbur you shouldnt be here."

wilbur shifted his attention to the blonde, his sick grin never faltering. "ive been given a second chance tommy, and im not going to lose it to you."

he turned back to the sunset. "i have a symphony to finish little brother."

tommy stepped forward again, opening his mouth to speak again as an anger slowly boiled up in him, but wilbur's attention was elsewhere. far away from the ruins they stood in and very far from tommy's words.

too far away.

ranboo unconsciously wrapped his tail around tommy, a protective instinct kicking in as he saw wilbur slowly turn to them again. it was clear that tommy was speaking to a wall.

bi-colored eyes watched cautiously as wilbur brought both his hands to either side of tommy's face. "i have so much to do tommy!"

ranboo could see the pleading in tommy's eyes as this man- the one he'd looked up to for so long- stood here again, ready to do god-knows-what. it was awfully reminiscent of the weeks before L'manberg's destruction.

wilburs dangerous.

his gaze darted to wilbur's eyes, staring into tommy's with a certain insanity shining.

dont touch him

he'd only ever heard stories of wilbur, about how he used to be a great man and he had only been a good man descended into madness from losing everything. but from what he'd seen here, tommy's reactions, the way he treated the younger,

this man was almost as bad as dream.

stay away

he saw tommy's hands shake as they came up to grab wilbur's wrists.

tommys scared

"get off me."

help him

wilbur started to speak, but he didnt hear it.

get him away.

tears glistened in tommy's eyes.

get him away

tommy never cries.

get him away.

ranboo didnt really notice his tail until wilbur's eyes zeroed in on it, glancing back to ranboo with amusement. "youre a protective one then."

he'd been unconsciously lightly attempting to tug tommy behind him. he panicked, looking up to tommy's face from wilbur's, "s-sorry tommy."

"you alright big man?" tommy asked, voice a little shaky.

"im fine," he muttered lowly, looking down and pulling his tail back to wrap around himself instead.

"anyways, ill see you around tommy," wilbur said, turning to walk away.

tommy was shaking as he stepped away, and in a moment of unregulated anger, ranboo decided itd be best to be a dick for a moment.

"wilbur!"

said man turned to look at him.

"just piss off next time."