compliment me (smutshot) (dnf)

TIME ZONES DONT EXIST BECAUSE FUCK YOU

also i hate dnf

IM TRYING REALLY HARD

NSFW !!!!!!!!!

its always been this way

theyd both always linger in a call after everyone'd gone

voices gradually going soft and coated in honey as they spoke later into the night

they talked and talked until they couldn't speak through their yawns and their eyelids drooped against their own will

genuine words fell out of their mouths as they laid in bed, eyes closed as they muttered gently to each other until consumed by calm unconsciousness

except it was different tonight

george draped an arm over his eyes as he let out a yawn

"are we laying down now?" dream asked, an edge of teasing in his voice

george rolled his eyes as he pushed away from his desk, the wheels of his chair scraping on his floor when he stood, "i did stuff today, im tired."

dream chuckled half heartedly, running a hand through his hair, "im staying up if you dont mind george."

"its fine," he mumbled, rolling into his bed, "youre not obligated to fall asleep at the same time as me."

dream scoffed, "yeah but old man george gets grumpy when i dont wake up at the same time as him."

"shut up," george responded, draping an arm over his eyes.

from there the conversation drifted off as dream idly played the practice maps and george's mind wandered.

he lazily put a hand in the air, opening and closing his fingers, seeing the slight outline of them in the dark. dream was slightly startled when he heard george's soft and sleep-ridden voice after previously thinking the smaller was asleep, "do you think your hands are bigger than mine?"

dream blinked. "what kind of question is that?" he asked, a smile playing on the edges of lips.

george shrugged to himself. "dont know. dont answer it then if you dont want," he said, letting his arm fall back down, landing with a small thud onto his chest. he closed his eyes when he didnt hear dream respond, only to open them again when a faint light lit up his room. he felt around for his phone on his bed, patting the sheets till he made contact with the cool glass.

he squinted against the light of the screen before hearing dream through the speaker, "did it send?"

the notification that had lit the room was from dream, a video on snapchat. "what did you send me?"

"just open it."

george rolled his eyes as he entered his password to open the notification.

his finger hovered over dream's name for a second, unsure of what to expect when he opened it.

but then, what was he scared of?

a soft, but sharp inhale sounded as the video opened.

it was dream's hand, next to his mouse for comparison- yes, his hands were in fact bigger than george's- as he balled it into a fist, and then slowly unfurled it again.

george didnt realize he was holding his breath until the video was off his screen.

"you opened it," dream stated, "did that answer your question?"