Solangelo (Love) - Bonus Insert

In honour of a certain friend from college who read and appreciated this fanfic, I decided to post this bit of fluff. It is not a direct continuation of the story until now, but it may tie in to the plot later on. No promises. ;P

Also, there will be a Drarry insert following this one soon, so enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nico?" Will called out as he slipped easily into the Eighth Year Common Room. Almost everyone in the room looked up at the sound of his voice and their collective gaze seemed to bore a hole right through him.

Will chuckled to himself as he wove a path through the clusters of armchairs, looking for signs of his boyfriend. Of course Nico wouldn't answer back. Both of them were well aware of the extreme curiosity the Hogwarts students harboured of the new transfer students, and greeting Will would have meant that 'all eyes on Will' would become 'all eyes on Nico' and whatever else the son of Hades may be, he certainly was not an attention hog.

Will smiled as a mental image of a brooding Nico peering resentfully at him from under his longish dark hair popped into his head. So cute! Dangerous, yes - but mostly to himself. Anti-social, yes - but then again, Will didn't really want to share him with anybody else! Will loved his boyfriend, his cute, dorky, incredibly strong boyfr- wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several faces turned once again yo Will as the demigod came to an abrupt stop in front of the fireplace, a perplexed, almost shocked expression on his face. Neville nudged Harry (whose attention had been captivated by.....ahem, something else) and whispered :
"Reckon he's alright?"

Harry glanced at the Ameri- at Will. The boy was staring into the fireplace with a slightly dazed look on his face, quite reminiscent of Hermione when she was thinking hard. He said as much to Neville.

"Hmm...that's it probably. Only, I've never seen him like this since the year started you know? I mean, he seemed a pretty easy-going and cool guy from what I gathered talking to him, so I wondered."

Harry shrugged and went back to....ahem, something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will was having a hard time. Did he actually just think that.....that he loved  Nico?

Well, of course, his brain responded. You like him, don't you? And you've liked him more and more since you started dating him...Wasn't it obvious?

Well, maybe it was obvious, but it was also scary in a way. It was something new, a kind of love he didn't know. He loved his mother and his camp siblings and of course all his friends. But this was different. Nico was his boyfriend. That was a lot different that just friends!

Will took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. So what if he loved Nico? That didn't change anything between them...much. Would he die to save Nico? Yes, but that was always true, even before. Would he kill to save Nico? Absolutely, but that had been true before, too. So nothing much changes after all-

A new question floated into his mind...

Would he leave everything and everyone else for Nico?

The question was like a jarring shock, sending nerves tingling all over his body.

Would he? Would he pick Nico over everything and everyone else?

Wil didn't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love always comes as a surprise. No need to close your eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will pulled back slowly from the kiss, letting their breaths mingle that little bit longer.

"Nico?" He whispered into his boyfriend's ear as he dropped his head on top of his and snuggled closer.

"Yes?" Nico asked back, his voice low and drowsy, sleep clouding his eyes.

"I-I'm not sure but...I think I love you."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Nico sighed softly through his nose.

"Why aren't you sure?"

There was a small pause. Will tightened his grip on Nico's sweater slightly.

"I...because I kept thinking about it earlier and..."

His voice trailed off. Nico didn't say anything. After a while, Will took a deep breath.

"I kept thinking about whether I really loved you or not. I mean, I wanted to - to know, to be sure. And I thought I was...but then I thought - I wondered whether I will be able to pick you over everything else. Whether I would be able to choose you, even if that meant losing everything and everyone else.....even if it meant losing all the people who are so close to me.
And - and I wasn't sure. I'm sorry. I really do care for you - a lot, and I want to care for you and stay by your side all the time, but... I'm not sure that I'd be able to...to give up everything and everyone for you. And that sounds really weird I guess but even so....I really, really like you. A lot."

There was a pause, heavy with the sound of their breathing as Will closed his eyes against the welling tears and buried his nose in Nico's hair.

"Will," Nico looked up at the boy as he said his name, bringing up a hand to cup his cheek at the same time.

"I love you."

Ignoring Will's stunned look, he went on.

"It means that I care for you and that I will do as much as I can to look after you. I enjoy your company and I hope we will be together for a long, long tine. When we are together, I am happy. And when we are apart, the thought of you makes me feel better. That's what you mean to me."

With that, he stuck his face back into the crook of Will's neck and went to sleep.

Will lay awake, afraid that his heart was going to pound its way out of his chest. He was dumb. Of course he loved Nico. How could he not?

When even the sight of him made him smile, when even the thought of his smile filled him with joy, when every tiny breath of his brushing across Will's collarbones felt like soft caresses of an angel's feathers....

Gods, he was deeply in love with that boy.

A contented smile found its home on Will's lips as he snuggled his boyfriend even closer and drifted off to sleep amidst thought of orange skies and Nico's dark eyes, dancing in delight...