[6] A Night at Camp

(Yeah that was probably it.)...

Will was dreaming.

How did he know ?

Because he pinched himself to find out.

After determining that he, indeed, was dreaming, he looked around to find out where he was. He was met with a truly horrific landscape. His entire vision was tinged red. The air was hot and fitful. It took him a moment to realize that he was in Tartarus.

"Hey Will," a voice said softly behind him. He jumped a foot high and turned around quickly and let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding when he saw the person standing there.

"Nico," he breathed out in relief. It was on the tip of his tongue to ask him what was going on, but he held himself. He knew Nico well enough to know that he will be getting answers soon.

Instead, he chose to ask, "Are you all right ?"

The question hadn't just been a method of starting a conversation. Will remembered Nico's behaviour from dinner. Also, the son of Hades was looking a bit pale and sick.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I just-" Nico broke off, taking a deep, shuddering breath. He wasn't sure how he was going to explain this to Will. But he knew Will deserved to know what was going on with him. Nico had started to think that it wasn't right for Will to do all the work in their relationship. Will shouldn't have to constantly put up with his moods without a single word. So, he had decided that he would talk to Will about this.

Nico wasn't an idiot. He knew Will wasn't a fighter. He was the kind of guy who took care of others, not someone who would hurt anyone. So he would have to lead him through this very carefully. But first, he had to have his consent.

"Will ?"

"Yeah ?"

"You remember, earlier, when the war was just over, you said that I could talk to you about anything ?"

"Yeah, I do. And I still hope you feel comfortable enough around me to talk to me about anything you want to."

"Well, I know I have been distant lately - and don't say anything. I know I haven't been very nice to you. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I had a lot going on in my mind. And I wanted to talk to you about it. But every time I tried, I failed. Because confronting this situation in broad daylight would've made it real, and I was too scared. That's why we're here right now. I wanted to talk to you about this place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took quite a while, but Nico slowly led Will through all that had happened in Tartarus. The blonde, after hearing the story, immediately hugged his boyfriend to comfort him. No words were spoken, but they both knew they weren't needed.

They sat together in the silence as they held each other. Somewhere along the way, the scene had changed to the Hades cabin, where they sat side by side on the bed.

When Will finally returned to his own dreams that night he knew, like never before, they were going to be alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning was a hubbub of activity for Will and Nico. Finally, after breakfast, where Will forced Nico to eat healthy and nutritious food, the two of them were ready with their trunks by Thalia's Pine. Hecate had sent notice for them to be ready at that point from where she would send them to Platform 9 & 3/4 to catch their train.

Both of them had been informed in detail of their quest, and had been given a small briefing on the ways of the wizarding world. Hecate had also given them a wand, an owl, and a bag of wizarding currency each. As the clock struck half past ten, they felt a tightening in their guts and were soon being whisked away to the magical world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They reached the station before most of the students and were able to claim an empty compartment for themselves. As they finished dragging their trunks inside and collapsed on one of the seats, Will noticed his boyfriend looking a bit pale. Will figured out that it was probably due to last night's activities, and soon convinced Nico to take a nap.

As Will sat there, he noticed that many people stood outside the compartment door, but weren't coming inside. He pondered the reason for this strange behaviour when it suddenly smacked him in the face. Of course ! It was because of Nico. Will and the rest of the demigods may have gotten used to the boy, but Will knew that Nico looked really scary to anyone who saw him for the first time.

As he sat, thinking about this, the students gathered outside dispersed to find their own seats. Will relaxed, thinking that they would have the carriage to themselves. Not that he wouldn't like some company, but it had been a while since Will had seriously kissed his boyfriend (those pecks didn't count). So he was hoping to have the compartment to themselves so he could kiss his own boyfriend with abandon, when he woke up.

Just then, the compartment door slid open and four kids walked in. As they entered the compartment, Nico awoke and blinked at them.

"Who are you ?"he asked them.

A/N: Ha! Tell me, how many of you thought there was something wrong with their relationship ?? I know for a fact that at least one did !! (Yeah, I'm looking right at you)
Anyway, please comment and tell me what you thought about the chapter. I don't mind if you don't vote. But I want to improve my writing and your opinions will surely help a lot. You see, I'm hoping to study English Literature (even though Marathi is my first language) and this thing on Wattpad is really interesting !!
Please feel free to PM me or post on my profile if you have anything to say !! I would love to hear your thoughts !!
Also, I am really very sorry for not updating sooner. :(
Bye !! :)

- Warm Regards,
M.S.W.