[14] The Kiss - What It Came Of

WARNING !

IT'S BEEN A REALLY LONG TIME SINCE I LAST WROTE THIS FANFIC

IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES I WOULD BE MOST OBLIGED IF ANYONE WOULD CARE TO POINT THEM OUT

THANK YOU 

LET'S MOVE ON WITH THE STORY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will shouldered his way through the crowd of excited students, momentarily putting other concerns out of his mind. The targets in the centre of the Chakravyuh did not, from what yells reached his ears, seem to enjoy the prospect of the activity being forced on them. 

And Will was the kind of guy at whom Peer Pressure took just one look before instantly developing a keen inerest in the nearest piece of linoleum.

Finally, after considerable pains, he arrived at the origin of all the turmoil...and wished he hadn't. 16-year-old demigods shouldn't have to deal with this kind of stuff, he thought as he appraised the scene playing out in front of him.

To ensure minimal confusion, it would be best to give the readers a straightforward description of the situation, and how it came to be.

Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan had thought it would be quite a boring year, what with the end of the war following the departure of the Weasley twins. So, to 'brighten things up' as they later put it, what better idea than a Secret Order, of mischief-makers ? In this order had been included various enterprising mischief-makers-to-be (since there was a noticeable lack of professional pranksters), including, though not limited to, Lavender Brown, the Patil sisters, Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley and Ernie Macmillan. (The end of the war seemed to have brought out dormant traits in everyone. It some cases, very dormant ones )

What Will had stumbled into was a product of this ill-fated assembly. What he saw was this :

In the middle of the circle of students, two figures were struggling against each other. At least, Will at first thought they were struggling, but then realised they were actually tickling each other. This was an excusable misunderstanding as both figures were currently hanging upside down from the ceiling. 

It was a game. Apparently, the one who bursts out laughing first, loses. The winner gets to come down and continue with his life. The loser gets to stay put until someone else comes along and loses to him.

Or, as the girl standing beside Will was explaining to him excitedly, raising her voice above the rapidly-growing chaos around them, he, that is to say, the loser, could choose to accept a task from the winner. A dare, if you would care  to call it that.

Will processed this for a few moments.

"So," he shouted back over the noise,"the 'game' doesn't have anything to do with kissing ?" Will was the kind of person who could invert commas in a sentence even while shouting it at halfway to the top of his voice.

The girl shook her head in answer.

"Then why-"

"It's a thing !" she yelled back. "Look who's up there !"

Will looked up at the...players. He looked again. Then he looked at the girl. He looked back at the two figures. Then he looked at the girl again. A finger came up and he opened his mouth hesitatingly :

"Is that-?"

"Yes," the girl nodded back. "We've been shipping them for so long ! It's about time, you know," she added as if commenting upon her younger sister finally cleaning up her room. (Will didn't know anything about her, but she looked like the type to have a younger sister. And enjoy it.)

Will looked again at the two people struggling upside down, then around the crowd of students. His mind registered the PG-13 atmosphere, the rising noise-levels, the paintings moving away from their frames in a great hurry and the fact that, even among wizards, in a magic castle, teachers probably didn't appreciate such sport.

Will, being a sensible, practical guy when necessary, turned around silently and shouldered, elbowed and pushed his way to the periphery of the thickening crowd. His boyfriend (Will loved the sound of the word, even if it was only in his mind) was leaning casually against a wall, looking like the coolest guy on earth, silently taking in everything with his deep, dark eyes. Will met his gaze, scolded himself for letting it slip lower, stepped round the bend in the corridor with Nico and, as one, they disappeared from the scene.

After all, there is a Time and a Place in which to be, and this was not it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO  EVERY ONE !

I AM BACK !! AND TYPING IN CAPS !!

I HAVE ACTUALLY WRITTEN QUITE A BIT MORE OF THIS CHAPTER, BUT THEN I DECIDED TO REREAD THE WHOLE FIC, AND GUESS WHAT ?!!

I MESSED UP EVERY SINGLE TIMELINE I'D ESTABLISHED !

I EVEN MESSED UP THE CHAPTER NUMBER !

SO NOW I'M GONNA GO BACK, READ THE WHOLE THING AGAIN, AND TRY TO FIX THE NEXT PART.

SORRY FOR THAT !

I'LL TRY TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER IN A COUPLE OF DAYS !

SORRY AGAIN :(