Chapter 1 - New School

"Wake up Darling"

Ruby woke up slowly, stirring as she tries to see who woke her up. It was her mother, Brenda Langston. Ruby sits up and tried her best to stay awake.

"Good morning mother. New school day?" Ruby said, as she got up and started getting her outfit ready.

 New school day?" Ruby said, as she got up and started getting her outfit ready

"Yes dear, breakfast is on the table. Best hurry up to get ready." Brenda leaves the room as Ruby gets ready for her first day.

Brenda Langston gave birth to Ruby on December 12, 1980. Brenda and Ruby's father attended hogwarts and were madly in love with each other. They were even in the same hogwarts house. After an incident, Ruby's father had disappeared right after Ruby was introduced to the world. Brenda met Ryan at hogwarts as well. Even though they weren't in the same house, they still loved each other as well.

Ryan Langston was Ruby's stepfather. Charming fellow. He really cared for Ruby as if she was his own daughter. Ryan had so many father-daughter moments with Ruby: teaching her archery, riding the horses, playing the piano, teaching her how to fight without magic and including teaching Ruby how to dance. Ryan always protected Ruby until his dying breath. Ruby had shared some of her traits from her mother: Fierce, Sophisticated and determination. Then, Ruby developed some traits from Ryan: Bravery, Fearless and Protective.

The only things Ruby knew about her father is that he was very good in school especially in one subject, her middle name is her father's last name and that her father went to hogwarts with her mother. Ruby tried looking through many records but she couldn't find the name of her father. But it doesn't stop her, she continues to try to find him. No matter how long it takes.

Ruby goes to the dining room and eats her breakfast. Brenda sits with her talking to her.

"At least you won't be alone, you have Cho Chang with you. I'm sorry I pulled you out of Beaubaxtons. I know you were having a tough time with after that has happened" Brenda says while holding her daughter's hand.

"It's okay mother, I'm doing okay at the moment. I know you want what's best for me. I'm just happy to learn what Ryan was like there, including my father" Brenda looks at Ruby with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"I don't know if you'll find out much about him, he wasn't much of a social person. But I know you always find a way. Come on, let's get to the platform. I know Cho is probably waiting for you" Brenda helps Ruby pack her trunk. Ruby brings her owl, Willow, with her and they drive off to the station.