Chapter 4 - Trauma Flashback

The next morning, Cho and Ruby were in the Great Hall with Mandy and other Ravenclaw girls. Mandy gave Ruby and Cho a flyer.

"You both should join the Quidditch Cheerleading squad. You both seem like you'll be up for it" Mandy said

"Okay sure, when is tryouts?" Cho asked. Ruby set the flyer down and continued eating

"Next week at 4 p.m, don't be late" Mandy said, getting up and leaving. Cho looked at Ruby and saw the look on her face

"Come on Ruby, it will be fun. Maybe attract some cuties along the way" Cho said, nudged Ruby slightly.

"I don't know Cho, besides i'm trying to focus on finding my father, avenge Ryan and just trying to make it through school. Relationships are nothing but a waste of time."

"You say that now, but wait until it happens to you"

The girls get there stuff and head to the first class, Herbology. After meeting Professor Sprout and other classmates, they began working. As Ruby tries to attend to the devil snare in front of her, it only just causes her more trouble.

Then a kind, calm voice spoke out to her.

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you but do you need help?"

Ruby saw a boy her age. Dark hair, kind eyes and a crook smile that was radiating positivity. He was also wearing Gryffindor robes.

"Yes please, let's just say I never took care of a plant before. I'm Ruby and you are...?"

"Oh, I'm Neville, Neville Longbottom. So, you went to Beauxbatons Academy? What was that like?"

"Well, it's lovely there. Things ran quite smoothly. I only decided to come here was because my mother and step-father enjoyed this school very much" Ruby said with a hint of sadness in her tone

"I heard what happened to him, I'm terribly sorry. He seemed like a good person" Neville says, laying a hand on her shoulder.

"He was, always kind to people and always gave the best advice. But I'll he'll be remembered, at least that's what matters"

Neville and Ruby got to learn more about each other and they became good friends quickly. It was towards the end of the day, potions class was next and then DADA.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ruby saw a professor dressed in all black. His hair was medium length and he seemed scary and hard to read.

The professor assigns the students to the desk.

"Ms. Langston, you will be partnered with Mr. Malfoy." The dark haired professor said.

The blonde boy she saw on the train. A smirk appeared slightly on his face as he looked at her. Soon the black-haired professor introduces himself.

"Since we have 2 new students in our school, I think it's clear that I should tell you who I am. I am Professor Snape and I'm the potions master at Hogwarts". Snape went on about the rules and then asked some questions. Mostly, he grilled Ruby and Cho. Ruby got all the answers right. Snape seemed impressed, didn't even bother hiding a little smile.

"We have another Granger in our midst" a boy with a Slytherin tie said. Ruby saw the blonde boy chuckle to himself. She saw a brown haired girl look annoyed and upset.

"I believe that is a compliment. I heard that Granger is the brightest witch of the class. I'm sure she inspires lots of the younger years at the school. Unlike you. Tell me, how high is your marks?" Ruby said proudly

The blonde boy looked at Ruby. The rest of the class was quiet but some stifled their laugh. The Slytherin boy got mad and he stopped talking. Hermonie smiled a bit and looked down at her desk.. Professor Snape smiled to himself and continued teaching. Ruby heard whispers from Harry and Hermonie.

"Wow, she really told him off. Are you okay Harry?" Hermonie said

"I'm not sure, if I told you something,  will you think I'm crazy?" Harry whispers back

"After what we went through, possibly not. What's on your mind?"

"I saw her in my vision. It was a photo in the man's hand and she was in it. Possibly her parents. He was giving it to Voldermort. Voldermort said "Don't hurt her". Should I tell Dumbledore about it?" Harry asked while looking at Hermonie, searching for an answer.

"Yeah, you should. She could be in danger." Hermonie said and goes back to paying attention in class.

Ruby went back to her work, her mind still wondering what the conversation was about. A piece of paper slides to her, she took it and saw who gave it to her. The blonde boy. She opened it and read what it said

"Something on your mind? Also bloody hell, you really got him there."

Ruby thought it over and wrote back. She handed him the note back

"Well, he had it coming"

The boy read the note and smiled slightly. Soon, class ends and Cho goes with Ruby to their last class of the day.

The Professor for Defense Against the Dark Arts was no other than Alastor 'Madeye" Moody, the dark wizard catcher and Auror.

Ruby remembers that Ryan has worked with him and other Aurors in the Ministry. Moody walks up to board, talking about his past achievements and dark wizards who follow Voldemort.

"Today, we will learn about the unforgivable curses. Can anyone tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" Professor Moody said as he's looking at the room.

Ruby's smile faded slowly.

Unforgivable curses. 1 out of 3 of those curses killed Ryan. She remembers that night. All of it. All that took place.

"3, sir" Hermonie says

"Correct. Weasley!" Moody walks straight to the desk that Harry and Ron sat "Give us a curse."

Ron slowly stood up "Well, my dad did tell me about one...the Imperius curse"

"Excellent, now let's see what it does." Moody takes one of the insects from the jar and uses the Imperius curse on it. Making it fly across the room, land on children and making it spin in the air.

The room was filled with kids screaming and laughter. All except one. Ruby wasn't paying attention, especially when the insect landed on her. No reaction. Cho looked at Ruby in worry. Neville did as well.

"I see that Ms. Langston is the brave one around here. Now, can anyone tell me another curse?"

Neville slowly raises his hand and Moody calls on him "There is the um...there is the Cruciatus Curse" Neville says as Moody guides him to the table. Moody uses the curse on the insect.

Screeches filled the room along with Neville's whimpering. Ruby saw how his emotion changed. Letting her anger get the best of her, she stands up and her voice is boomed in the classroom

"Can't you see it's hurting him!! Enough!!"

The whole class looks at her and Moody. Cho tries to calm her down but it didn't work this time. Ruby was angry. Neville looked at her out of gratefulness. Moody takes the insect and goes to her desk. Ruby looking at the insect as he asks her the final question. "Um, well perhaps you could give us the last curse Ms. Langston."

"Professor, she shouldn't really it's a bad id-"

"I asked Ms. Langston, Ms. Chang."

Ruby shook her head as tears formed in her eyes. She kept her eyes at the insect that say on the desk.

"Avada Kedavra!" Moody kills the insect with the curse and looks at Ruby. He tries to say something to her but Ruby gathers her things and leaves the class. Slamming the door behind her.

The whole class was silent. Only Luna and Cho went after her.