Chapter 5 - Blonde Boy

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH AND BLOOD

Ruby went to her dorm. She laid there, staring at the ceiling. The memories flooded in her mind about that night.

December 28th, 1991. Blood. Screaming. Sobbing. Avada Kedavra. 3 deatheaters. 2 last words.

Ruby was soon out of her thoughts when she heard a knock on the door. She slowly gets up and opens the door to see Cho, Luna and Hermonie.

"Ruby, I'm Hermonie. Are you okay?"
She let's them in and they sat in her room on her bed.

"Not really...that is something I'll never get out of my head for days. I let my anger get the best of me in that classroom." Ruby said while she looked at the photo of her and Ryan when she was a little girl playing the piano.

"He should've never did that curse in front of you or to Neville. Poor boy was dazed. He looked really upset. I'm glad we checked up on him" Cho said

"It was barbaric, there's a reason why the curses are unforgivable. I don't know why he would ever show us something like that. Especially if others have trauma from it." Hermonie huffed in anger.

"Trust me, a lot more damage than you know. But I'll be okay. Anyway, we should go down to the Great Hall soon. But first, I'm going to go explore the castle so I can find my way around." Ruby picked up her jacket and goes to the door

"Sounds like a good idea, don't get lost." Luna asked

"I'll try" And with that Ruby went to go explore the castle of the school.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ruby explored the castle for some time, looking around making sure she mapped out the place. Ruby makes it to the astronomy tower. She looks around at the scenery around her especially the view in front of her. What seemed like minutes of gazing around the castle, a voice interrupted her.

"It's wonderful, right?"

Ruby turned around and saw the blonde boy. Their eyes met. His blue-ish green eyes staring into her brown eyes. Ruby breaks the contact and looks back at the view.

"Yeah, it is."

"I'm Mal-"

"You're Draco Malfoy. I heard about you. My mother was actually friends with your parents when she went here as a kid."

"And you already need no introduction I see. Ruby Langston, right? Went to Beauxbatons Academy. You look familiar on the train, I just couldn't remember the name." Draco took a couple steps until he was standing next to Ruby. Admiring her for a few seconds.

"With everything that happened and what I'm known for lately, I don't expect anyone to remember. So, what brings you here Malfoy?

"Well, this is where I like to be. Either after class, couldn't sleep or just to be here. You?"

"Just finding my way around. Trying to map out everything so I don't get lost."

"Well if you get lost, I could always help show you around."

"You aren't usually this nice, so why now?" Ruby looked at him for an answer. Draco still looking at the view until he finally looks her way.

"I have my reasons. You know where to find me. I guess I'll see you at the champion selection later." He smiles at her and leaves to go back inside.

A little smile appeared on her face. With one last look at the view, she turned around and went back in the castle.