Chapter 9 - Slytherin Amends

Viktor won the first task of the tournament, but that didn't matter in the commonroom of the Ravenclaw house. They cheered for Ruby, mostly for surviving the dragon. Their cheers and excitement ringing through the room. Ruby sitting on the couch with Cho and Luna, still holding the golden egg.

"Can we see what's in there?" A Ravenclaw student asked.

"Yeah, what's the next clue?" Mandy asked

"Alright, everyone gather round!" Terry Boot exclaimed.

Everyone gathers around as Ruby holds the egg. She twists the top open, expecting a clue or some type of object. But, they were met with a unpleasant screeching sound.

The students covering their ears, trying to drown out the sound as Ruby hurries to close it. As she does, the students murmur.

"What was that?" Michael Corner asked

"Whatever it was, it wasn't nice." Cho said in disgust.

"I'll probably have to figure it out to recieve my clue but enjoy the mini party. I'll be back." Ruby goes out the commonroom and goes down the staircase.

---------------------------------------------------------

She roams the halls looking for Professor Snape. Holding the golden egg in her arms, she walked her way to the potions room. A little limp was visible due to her wound from the dragon she defeated.

She made it the bottom of the staircase as she goes to find the room. The painting of a common room swings open. A blonde haired boy's eyes meeting hers, his smirk appearing.

"Can't stay away from me Langston? Am I that irresistible to you?" Malfoy teased

She chuckled in amusement. She plays along. "In your dreams. I'm here to see Snape. I want to thank him for his help."

"He's in a meeting with Dumbledore. But, you could wait in the common room with us. And relax, us Slytherin's don't bite."

"If you insist and who said I was anxious?" Ruby said teasingly.

"Just come in." Draco laughs as he steps out of the way and let's her in the commonroom.

Ruby saw the emerald green carpet and curtains. The creme-tanish color of the tile of the floor and wall. The black sofas around the fire. The cold drafts that sometimes send shivers down her spine.

"Nice commonroom." Ruby said as she looked around.

"What? Not impressed, Langston?" Draco joked

"It's a commonroom like everyone else's. You'll have to try harder." Ruby smiled.

As the two of them looked into each other's eyes, they didn't notice a duo walking towards them. A girl and boy. The girl had short, brown hair, lighter skin, a light blushed cheeks and green eyes. The boy she recognized at the Quidditch Cheerleading Tryouts.

"Oh, urm. Ruby, this is Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini. Blaise, Pansy this is Ruby. Ruby Langston." Draco announced

"Nice to meet this mysterious girl. But we met before, just haven't exchanged words. Hello Ruby." Blaise shook Ruby's hand.

"Nice to finally exchange words, Blaise" Ruby says humbly

"She's a Ravenclaw." Pansy sneers.

"Yeah, but she's cool. She's not as stupid as the others." Draco rebuttals

"Well that's reassuring. Listen Parkinson, I'm not here to cause drama; I already get enough of that in the Ravenclaw common room. Draco just brought me in here to meet everyone, I'm not here to cause trouble." Ruby assures.

"Hm outspoken. She doesn't take any negativity that comes her away. I like that." Blaise says smirking a bit.

Draco notices this and glares daggers at Blaise. His arm unconsciously slipping around Ruby's waist.

"Getting a little handsy there, Draco. Claiming me already?" Ruby jokes

The boy blushes as he puts his arms by his side and looks at the floor.

"You are blushing again, Malfoy." Blaise teases.

Pansy looks to Ruby, her arms unfolding and placing them on her hips.

"She can stay. But don't think this means we are friends." Pansy says as she goes to her room.

Ruby rolls her eyes and sits on the couch with Draco and Blaise. Soon, more people break out of their protective shell to introduce themselves to her.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Ravenclaw commonroom door swings open as Ruby walked in the room. Cho is near the fireplace knitting and Luna was crafting her jewelry. They looked up from their activities to see Ruby's presences.

"Ruby, where were you? You took forever to get back." Cho asks calmly.

"I was in the Slytherin commonroom with Malfoy. I was waiting for Professor Snape to get back from a meeting." Ruby explained.

"Wait. You were in their commonroom? Ruby, they could've hexed you! Nowadays, Slytherin's aren't good people, well most of them at least from what I heard." Cho says

"Key word Cho. 'Most'. But they weren't bad at all. Trying spending a few hours with them and maybe you'll find out that you have more in common with them than you think." Ruby goes to her room leaving Cho stunned.

"She is right Cho, you can't always judge people based on their houses." Luna says.

"She's getting closer to that Malfoy boy. I just hope she doesn't become like them." Cho says worryingly

"She won't. You known her longer Cho, she'll be fine."