Chapter 7 - First Task Reveal and Mentor

Ruby was heading to the Quidditch field with Cho to tryout for the Quidditch Cheerleading team for the Ravenclaw house. They started warming up with the other girls who were trying out for their house cheerleading team as well.

The captains of the houses came and introduced themselves as they went over the rules.

"Hello girls, I'm Mandy. I'm captain of the Ravenclaw cheerleading team. Let's get started. Up first is Ruby Langston and Cho Chang."

As Ruby and Cho stepped up first, they heard cheers from the stand. Ruby and Cho looked to see Luna, Neville and Hermonie. Ruby saw Draco and some of his friends on the side. Draco started paying attention to the tryouts, drowning out the conversations from his friends.

His focus was solely on Ruby. Ruby felt the staring and saw Draco. His smirk became visible as she rolled her eyes.

Ruby and Cho did each exercise and moves as Mandy said and it was perfect execution. The practice at Beauxbatons paid off. The tryouts ran for a couple of hours and then the decision was already made.

"Okay girls, thank you so much and the list will be posted after the first competition of the Tri-Wizard tournament."

The girls gathered their stuff and left. Ruby was walking back with Cho when a voice stopped her.

"Langston, we need to talk."

Ruby turned around and saw Draco. His friends behind him. The one on the left had a little weight on him and short hair. The one on the right was a little tall and short hair as well. The one behind Draco was tall as the boy to the right and had no hair, but this one looked snobbish and high class.

"I'll meet you back at the common room Ruby."

Ruby nodded as Cho left. Hermonie, Luna, and Neville followed, avoiding Malfoy and his henchmen.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Ruby folded her arms and waited for a response.

"Professor Snape wanted me to tell you to meet him in his classroom tomorrow because he needs to speak with you. Something about the tournament." Draco said

"I will then, thanks" She turned to leave...but he grabs her arm.

"How did you do it?" Draco scowled

"Do what?"

"Don't play dumb, Langston. How did you put your name in the fire?"

"I didn't! I never did! If I wanted to die in a tournament, I would've asked. Besides that's a dumb question Malfoy, like anyone would want to compete in a deadly game."

She snatched her arm away from him and walked away. He followed in pursuit.

"I didn’t mean it like that."

"Sure sounded like it." With that, Ruby left and headed to the commonroom.

"Malfoy is getting soft for Langston. That's a bit of a shocker." Laughed the chubby boy

"He fancies her. But certainly has taste." The taller boy said

"Shove off Crabbe and Blaise" Draco sneered as he walked off back to the castle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby got to the commonroom and met up with Cho and Luna there.

"Do you know what the first task is yet?" Luna asked

"Not yet, hopefully I find out soon before hand. Did you hear anything from Harry?"