Chapter 2 - Train to Hogwarts

TW: Mentions of blood and death!

Ruby was now on the train with her best friend, Cho Chang. Cho and Ruby have been best friends since they were toddlers. They did everything together and were always by each others side. Ruby was writing in her journal while Cho went to get pumpkin pasties. While writing in her journal, a voice that was gentle and soft spoke to her

"Hello, can I join you?" The girl said while holding her wand and her other belongings. Ruby looked up and saw her. The girl had a lighter shade of blonde hair. She had a necklace that looked like it was hand made. She seemed very nice.

"Absolutely, my friend and I won't mind" Ruby said reassuring the girl with a kind smile. The girl sat with with Ruby and Cho came back.

"I'm sorry, I never got your name" Ruby said to the girl

"I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood"

"Nice to meet you Luna. I'm Cho and this is Ruby we were from Beaubaxtons Academy" Cho said while giving Luna one of the pasties.

"Wait...the girl from the Daily Prophet article in 1991? The Christmas Invasion?" Luna asked

Ruby looked at Luna with confusion and finally spoke "Is that what I'm known for?"

Cho nods sadly and hands Ruby a folded newspaper article that had the picture of 11 year old Ruby. Tears streaming down her face while hugging her mother tightly.

When Ruby saw the article, flashbacks appeared in her head. Blood on the carpet, screaming, fighting, 3 deatheaters....and a corpse...Ryan's corpse.

While talking on the train, 3 boys caught Ruby's eyes. A boy sitting right near the door of the walkway, a boy in a black suit and a boy with a threatening look on his face.

The boy with the black suit had hair faintly similar to Luna's color but a little darker. The boy stared at Ruby. Admiring each and every one of her features. Studying her like a book. He shoots her a halfway smile. She does the same.

After a long train ride, Ruby saw the castle of Hogwarts and was in amazement. "Cho, look. Isn't it beautiful?" Ruby says, still staring at the castle.

"It sure is, but let's see how our first day goes" Cho said as she got her things ready.

While packing up some belongings, Ruby notice the boy again. His ocean eyes staring into her brown ones before leaving the train.