𝟒

I stared at him, my eyes fixed on his familiar face, as Daphnie tried to regain my attention

My mouth opened and closed, my feet feeling as though they were glued to the floor.

My emotions overwhelmed me, and tears streamed down my face uncontrollably. How could he just be standing here after two long years?

As he approached me, Daphnie looked at me with concern, asking if I was alright.

I instinctively pulled my arm away as he reached for me, sending him a clear message of rejection.

"Amelia, I..." he started to say.

"Stop! I don't want to hear anything from you!" I shouted, cutting him off abruptly.

Feeling a surge of anger and confusion, I rushed up the stairs and burst into a room, not realizing someone else was inside.

To my surprise, I found a guy around my age locked in an intimate moment with a blond girl. They both turned to face me, annoyed by my intrusion.

"Who said you could come into my room?" the guy snapped.

"I'm so sorry," I stammered, hastily wiping the tears from my face before closing the door behind me.

Praying that the next room was unoccupied, I entered and collapsed onto the bed, sobbing uncontrollably. Thankfully, no one came searching for me, and I felt a sense of relief.

Exhausted from the emotional turmoil, I eventually drifted off to sleep, unaware of how much time had passed. Suddenly, my door swung open, and there stood the same guy I had seen naked earlier.

I gazed at him, taking in his features slowly, realizing that I had been unintentionally staring at him.

His hair had shades ranging from rich caramel to deep earthy hues, and his sharp jawline was mesmerizing. Although his face was currently etched with a frown, the veins on his hand were visible, adding to his rugged charm.

"And how long are you gonna stare at me for? I'm fucking hungry, and my mum made me come up here to tell you to get your ass down to eat, or we're all not eating!" he snapped, glaring at me before slamming the door shut.

Well, that didn't leave a great first impression. He was undeniably attractive, but his crude language and attitude were a turn-off. It was clear he already despised me.

I gathered myself and made my way down to the dining table, where a feast awaited. There was a chair placed between the guy who had stormed into my room and the one I didn't want to face.

It was impossible to act as if nothing had happened between us, but I had no choice. I sat down, keeping my head down, avoiding eye contact.

Daphnie intervened, introducing the guy who had confronted me. "So this is my son, Lucas. I apologize if he's rude to you; he has quite the attitude. And this is Ethan, Lucas's best friend, whom I mentioned earlier."

Lucas rolled his eyes at his mother's remark, and I noticed Ethan briefly glancing at me before returning his focus to his meal.

"Tomorrow, Lucas, please bring her to school and show her around. I want to see you both back in one piece," Daphnie warned.

"No way, I don't want to do that. I'm already driving a few others, and she barged into my room while I was busy," Lucas grumbled.

"I can go to school on my own. It's fine," I said, trying to defuse the tension.

Ethan interjected, "How about I show you around the school?"

Panic surged through me. I wasn't prepared to face Ethan or engage in any interaction with him. I swallowed nervously, my spoon slipping from my hand and clattering onto the floor.

"Sorry, I'll clean it up," I muttered, my voice barely audible.

"Ethan, I thought we were going to school together with the rest. You know what, fine, Mum. We'll bring this princess to school with us," Lucas retorted, his gaze fixed on me with a mix of annoyance and disdain.

"Did you just call me princess?" I retorted, my voice laced with frustration.

"Yeah, I did, princess ," Lucas smirked, seemingly unfazed by the tension.

At least I wouldn't have to endure being alone with Ethan at school. But it was clear that Lucas already harbored negative feelings towards me.

As I glanced at Ethan, I noticed a hint of disappointment in his expression. What did he expect me to do? Pretend everything was fine and dandy after years of separation?

Feeling a knot tighten in my stomach, I realized that navigating this new chapter of my life wouldn't be as simple as I had hoped.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬:

bet you all are dying to know what happen between Ethan and Amelia but I shall reveal later

  vote + comment