𝟐𝟎

"Amelia, I've been waiting forever for you to come out," Lucas shouted

I had been sitting on my bed for what felt like an eternity, dreading the sight of Lucas. Over the past week, I had been avoiding him at all costs. Every time the image of him and Vicky replayed in my head, anger boiled inside me, and I fantasized about punching them both in their faces.

When the shouting and banging on the door ceased, I cautiously grabbed my schoolbag and opened it. And to my surprise, there stood Lucas, face to face with me.

I instinctively tried to slam the door shut, but his hands blocked me from pushing it any further. With all my strength, I managed to close it, causing Lucas to wince in pain as he let go of the door, nursing his finger.

I took hold of his injured finger and examined it, noticing the redness forming at the tip.

"I'll go get the first aid kit," I muttered, rushing past him.

However, he grabbed my hand with his uninjured arm and pulled me toward him, causing me to collide into his chest. The familiar scent of his cologne hit me, and I realized how much I had missed it.

"Let go of me," I demanded.

"Never," he replied with a smirk.

"You dare say you don't care about me?" he challenged.

"I genuinely don't care about you," I stated firmly, locking eyes with him.

We stood there in silence, lost in each other's gaze. His hands moved to my waist and the other gently cradled the back of my head. In an intense moment, his lips forcefully captured mine, parting them with the sheer force of the kiss.

His touch was gentle yet the kiss itself held nothing but passion. He pressed himself closer, his grip on my waist tightening as he consumed the air from my lungs.

As I attempted to push him away, his hold only grew stronger.

"No," he said firmly, reconnecting our lips. He pressed me against the wall, his arm shielding my head from the impact.

I moaned, my hands finding their way to his shirt, pulling him even closer. In that moment, there was no space between us, and time seemed to stand still.

Our bodies pressed against the wall, our breaths heavy as our lips remained locked together.

It felt like a kiss born out of longing, a hunger for each other, a yearning that had built up during our time apart. I surrendered myself to him, only aware of the touch of his lips, his grip on my waist and head.

Finally, we broke apart, our breathing ragged.

"You're such a goddamn liar," he rasped, his voice still affected by the intensity of the kiss.

"I could kiss you all day princess, but we're kinda late for school," he smirked.

"I really don't care about you," I retorted, pulling away and searching for the first aid kit.

"I know," he replied, and even without turning around, I could sense the smile on his face.

Likewise, I knew my lips had curved into a smile, a smile that hadn't been seen by anyone over the past few weeks.

Why couldn't things stay like this forever?

"Are we taking the motorcycle today?" I asked, noticing his bike in front of us.

"I know you miss riding it with me," Lucas replied, placing the helmet on my head, securing it with a click.

I beamed, hopping onto the motorcycle, memories of our first ride flooding my mind.

"Do I need to remind you what to do, or do I need to show you again before you'll grab onto me?" he teased.

His rough hands firmly grasped mine, guiding my hands to encircle his waist, my fingers brushing against his abs.

"When will you tell me what's going on? Who is this Vicky girl to you? What am I to you? What are you trying to do to me?" I blurted out anxiously.

"That's a lot of questions princess, but I promise I'll tell you when the time is right," he said, his gaze fixed on me as he turned his head.

"And when will that be?" I inquired.

"I don't know, but I will tell you," he reassured me, his voice soft.

Isn't it funny how one person can completely shift your mood and emotions for the day? Right now, that person was Lucas.

By the time we arrived at school, Haley and Ethan had already finished their first period and were waiting for us at the entrance.

"So, are you two officially together now?" Haley asked, grabbing my hand and leading me towards our next class.

"No, actually, I have no idea what's going on between us at the moment, especially with Vicky in the picture. Lucas hasn't explained anything to me, and I feel like a mess," I sighed.

"But you like him, don't you?" Haley asked.

"I think I'm in love with him," I admitted, "but I can't bring myself to tell him."

"I can sense that he feels the same way about you, Amelia. It's just that I don't understand what's going on in his head, why he can't see that you two are meant to be together," Haley empathized.

"Anyway, do you want to go to this beach party with me? Almost everyone is going, and I promise it'll be fun," Haley suggested.

"Okay, sure," I replied, considering the invitation.

I took my seat in class, turned around, and found Lucas staring at me. He raised an eyebrow and then winked, causing my cheeks to flush. Quickly, I turned my attention back to the front of the classroom, trying to conceal the enormous grin on my face.

At some point, someone tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a note, whispering, "From Lucas."

I unfolded the piece of paper, which read: "Go home with me after class."

I neatly folded the note and tucked it into my pencil case. My lips curled into a smile, and in that moment, I knew I had fallen in love with him.

I didn't know how it happened or why, but it simply did.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬:

im sorry for not updating in so long.

but trust me, things are going to get real interesting from here on, i promise

thank you for reading <3

  vote + comment