Chapter 25 - Stalking the Witch

JAKE'S POV

I open my eyes and find myself sprawled on a couch. With still blurry vision, I look around and recognize our main living room.

I groan as I caress the throbbing pain in my head. It starts to spin as I try to remember the events that happened earlier. Or was it yesterday?

And then an image springs into my mind: Marcus.

Holy fuck...

That asshole punched me and I could still feel the pain beneath my eye! I saw it coming, but I didn't know why I still did it anyway.

He probably brushed his teeth like sixty-nine times after that disgusting kiss. My frustration continues to build up when I realized that I haven't seen Pepsi's reaction after I successfully did the condition.  

Was she impressed? She should because that was one hell of a show that I put.

Wait, what time is it? I'm a bit disoriented. 

What happened after that scandalous event?

Who brought me home?

Where's my damn phone? I couldn't find it. 

Dude, slow down with the questions!

I feel like I have a cottonmouth right now. My throat feels so damn dry. I have to drink cold water.

I press the nearby intercom for a housemaid, but no one responded. Where the hell these people?

I walk to the kitchen myself, only to be taken aback upon seeing the last person that I expected to be cooking in my own kitchen—Pepsi damn Lane!

She has her back to me,  and she's...holy shit. She's only wearing her underwear beneath that red apron!

Is this for real? I rub my eyes to check if I'm dreaming but no, she's really here, almost naked! 

I find myself gripping the edge of the kitchen counter as my eyes travel down her body. 

She has that flawless, milky white skin, and...and those legs and ass...Damn! I didn't know that she's as sexy as this!

Down, boy.

I realize that I'm literally drooling over her when she finally turns around. She might have felt my presence.

"Oh, Jakey boy is up!" She beams at me, and it's awkward because her cheerfulness doesn't complement her usual dark, awkward make-up.

"Sorry, my wet clothes are still in the dryer and your built-in closet is locked," Her smile looks as sweet as Nutella and it makes me more confused. 

What's going on? Did I suddenly get cancer or something? Am I dying?

Or did someone dare her to do this?

I still couldn't find myself speaking. I'm literally speechless.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here," she mysteriously says while chewing on bubble gum like a sexy goat. It's so loud and distracting but nevertheless, she looks fucking hot today.

I so want to stop her from sucking on that stupid gum by kissing her but I don't want to double my conditions.

Was she the one who brought me home? I have a lot of fucking questions in mind that demanded answers but I don't know why I can't bring myself to speak. 

Why is she handling the kitchen? Where is Mrs. Danvers? The housemaids? 

I wonder what she's cooking... I step closer and over her shoulder, I take a peek at the frying pan that she's holding.