Chapter 29 - A Night with the Cutie

PEPSI'S POV

"What kind of a stupid game is this, Jake?" I sneer at him.

"This is very important, Peppy. We have to breathe in together because..."

"Because?" I have this feeling that this is going to be really annoying.

Unexpectedly, he beams like a little boy as he throws his arms up. "Because love is in the air!!!"

Fuck, I just can't with the cringe. I just fucking knew it. I won't be surprised if he's possessed or what.

Could I still back out from this shit and pretend that this night never happened?

And please, I kinda want the snobbish and cocky Jake Snyder back.

His red face is evident with shame, probably realizing that what he said could make anyone bump their heads on the wall from the overflowing cringe.

"I think you badly need sleep right now. Your brain seems to be comatose." I roll my eyes as I get up in bed. 

"And oh, one more thing," With one eyebrow raised, I look back at him and add, "I want you out of this house first thing in the morning, do you understand?" 

"My future wife is really feisty,'' he smirks while reaching for my hand. 

Wait, wife?!

I'm annoyed by how he is claiming me already just because we shared some...moments a while ago. 

''You really like to feed your ego, don't you?'' I snarl at him while pulling my hand back from his hold.

''You become cuter when you're giving me attitude, and even more when you roll those beautiful eyes of yours,'' 

Oh for fuck's sake. "Could you stop that? Seriously. It's creeping me out."

Automatically, I roll my eyes again.  

''Oop—there you go again. Are you doing it on purpose or what?'' 

I give him a deadly glare.  "Are you trying to kill yourself? Because I would love to do it for you,"

He steps closer until the back of his fingers meets my cheek, and a spark has overtaken my body again. He whispers while staring at my lips, "Kill me with your love then,"

I whisk his hand away and turn on my heel. I don't know why his flirty lines irritate me, even at this point. He might have confessed everything and I find some of it as genuine, but I still couldn't bring myself to fully trust him.

Maybe I need more time to fully open my heart for him.

I change the topic instead. ''Can you please get the hell out of my room? I need to sleep now." 

He can't stay here and sleep with me. I can't risk it knowing what I'm not capable of controlling myself, especially when I'm on the verge of...something nice.

You mean, pleasure?

"Where do I sleep then?" He asks, looking completely disappointed.

"Sounds like your personal problem,"

"But...we made out earlier, right? " He looks away while blushing and turns his gaze to me again. "Remember? It's a bigger thing than sleeping in one bed,"

My blood pressure rises to my skull. If only I have the power, I badly want to erase that make-out session from history, now that I'm totally sober. It was just a moment of weakness when I let my stupid self get swayed by his kisses for the first time.

Girl, stop biting your lower lip. You look like a lovestruck teenager.

"You're daydreaming about it, aren't you?" His proud chuckle suddenly hit me—I was actually biting my lower lip!