Chapter 3- Pure Intrigue

JAKE'S POV

I got totally distracted in our class half an hour ago. I found myself stealing glances at that freak outside the window the whole time. She amuses me, to be honest. The way she bulges her eyes out to purposely intimidate me made her look like a fucking idiot instead.

Did she seriously think that I would be scared of her because of the rumors? That's bullshit.

Witches don't exist. I think they're just a bunch of antisocial weirdos. 

Pepsi's probably a loner. No one wants to be her friend, and I bet no one wants to date her either. I mean, just look at her. 

I would be down to try her though...

"Seriously, Bro. Whatever you're thinking right now...just don't." Zeus forwarns with a hand gesture for emphasis. I just came from the toilet and he must have noticed that I am totally preoccupied with my thoughts.

"You can pretty much read me, huh," I grin at him.

"With that splendid mind of yours? Of course," he nonchalantly replies while demurely tucking a table napkin on his shirt. He then turns his fork and winds up the spaghetti before lifting the bundle up to his mouth. This guy always acts like a prince or some royalty shit because of their immense wealth but behind that softness is madness in bed. I guess birds of the same feather flock together.

It's lunchtime and we're on our usual table, the broader one in the center where everyone always leaves out specially just for the three of us. Well, there's four of us now since Sierra became my girl. My best buds like her and approved of her to be officially in our squad.

"Who's the new girl, Jake?" Marcus joins the conversation after slurping his soup like some kind of a vacuum cleaner. The motherfucker is actually with us right now and not just physically. I really thought he cannot hear us because of his AirPods—he has this habit of watching porn anytime and anywhere.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You guys are acting like Sierra doesn't exist." Zeus snaps at us as if he is greatly offended and is not a player himself.

"Oh, what's up, new guy!" Marcus rolls his eyes at him in sarcasm before slumping back to his chair and starts checking out girls on Snapchat.

Among the three of us, Marcus is the naughty and self-obsessed jock, while Zeus is the serious one. His presence screams royalty because his dad is a multi-billionaire who owns the most popular hotel chain in the country and a lot more other businesses while his mom is a controversial politician. 

While me? Everyone thinks that I'm a snob who doesn't care about anyone but myself, my friends, and my targets.

Actually, I don't give a fuck with almost everything unless you have my interest, and my face says it all. I also love thrills and adventures, and getting in those unusual girls' pants is on top of my list.

I have a very short temper, especially with girls. I really don't get how those guys could put up with their bullshits. Yes, I'm kind of obsessed with trying different kinds of them and just the thought of having quite the collection is just fulfilling, you know.

I just want to have fun and that's it.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it, Bro. You're the perfect definition of an obnoxious fuckboy." Zeus comments out of a sudden, and I instantaneously shift my gaze towards him.

"What the fuck? Did you just read my thoughts?" I am honestly stupefied at the coincidence.

"Oh, Jakey Boy. Haven't you heard that our boy Zeus here has finally joined the dark forces?" Marcus teases in a rather unemotional way.