Chapter 3

Three days had passed since jake and i spoke , i did send him some photos of  hannah which i found on her cloud, but no reply. I really wanted to sort it out but i had no time, probally  because i am waking up extra early because i have to leave lilly at the motel and pick her up but gladly the motel is ten minutes away from my workplace. But today , i have an idea about the stone side of the town and i am going there, but there is a problem , jake....
I mean i want to tell him but he wont even talk to me , i went to give him his dinner but he didn't even open the door , so i had to give it to lilly to take it to him. It is kind of my fault but we found a really big clue about hannah's disappearance. I decided to talk to him and tell him about my find. I was ready but lilly was still eating her breakfast and she didn't even get ready , so i decided to talk to him now, early in the morning. I went to his room and knocked once, no answer. I knocked again, still the same , i knew it was not going to work , so i texted him.

On chat

M/c
Hey, let me in ,i have something to tell you.

Jake
Read.

M/c
C'mon please..... it's important.

Jake
Read

M/c
Fine if you don't, i have a spare key of every room , don't be mad when i come in...

Jake
Read

M/c
Fine
I'll give you 5 sec

Jake
Read

I started counting loudly.' 5, 4, 3, 2.... ' the door opened, jake was not looking happy.' You have 5 minutes .' He said without looking. I nodded and said 'thank you, can i at least come in?' He nodded and let me in, i went in. ' what do you want?' He asked like i was annoying him. 'First, i wanted to apologise and i hope you would accept it?'i said while giving him a small smile, which he ignored, ' get to the point, and if you are only here to apologise, then i think you can get out' he said angrily, i was hurt but i didn't know what to say and if i said about the stone side of the town and i am going there today, i was sure it would only make it worse, so the best thing i could do now was to leave him alone until he calms down. I was about to leave but jake grabed my wrist, i looked at him, 'why are you really here?' He asked calming down. 'I... i just to apologize, that's it.' I lied, while i could hear my heart beat and i was having difficulty in breathing  suddenly but he didn't notice, thankfully. He left my hand, and went to his laptop without saying a word, that's when i left. When i got out, i was feeling a bit of nervous for absolutely no reason . It was a stupid thing to do , i thought, that's when lilly came out of her room and we both left the house.

Jake's  POV

Maybe i was a little harsh on her, she did have a little fear in her eyes, like she thought i was going to hurt her. Maybe there was something.... that she wanted to tell me but she changed her mind after i told her to get out. It was bad of me to say that, i felt a rush of guilt, that was childish of me. She was a little hurt since she left without saying anything. I decided to make it up to her after she got home.

Time break*

After i picked up lilly from the motel, and dropped her at my house and said that i was going to meet a friend, and that i would be late. I waited till she got inside , then took my phone out and opened the map of duskwood which jake installed on my phone. I followed the directions on the map and after a 15 minute drive , i was at the place. It was kind of a park with sculptures but i couldn't find anything behind them. I was confused, then i opened the map again, i saw it for a straight 5 minutes, then i realised it was the wrong place. I was about to go there tomorrow morning but something told me that it wouldn't be there. I got in the car again ,but suddenly my phone rang which made my heart stop for a second, it scared the life out of me. It was lilly, i picked it up,' where the heck are you?' She asked with a worried tone. ' I told you i am with a friend, don't worry. ' i said camly.  'Come home soon , ok? And be safe.' She said calming down. 'Ok, bye.' I said hanging up.

Jake's POV

I started to worry about M/C , i mean it's 10 and she hasn't returned, i then went to my laptop and saw that lilly had called her, i listened to the conversation, i was a little relieved  to hear that she was with someone but still i tracked her phone , just to be sure. I saw that she was in a remote area,  there were no houses nearby and no vehicles passed there. After that i called her, hoping she would pick up but she didn't. I went downstairs in a hurry , thankfully lilly wasnt there. So i went out and started walking, it wasn't that far, just a 15 minute walk.

M/c POV

Jake just called me , i didn't take it , i was not expecting  it , maybe lilly told  him. I mean she sounded very worried but still i can deal with that after i find the box. But i couldn't waste my time, i went to the car and started driving towards the bridge, as  it was the the only place that was quite similar. It was a 10 minute drive   and now my phone was almost out of battery, i had to hurry.

Jake's POV

I was close to where she was but  she started to move , she was going in the direction of the bridge and i could tell that because it had only one way in and out. I walked a little faster , it will atleast take another 15 minutes to get there.

I got out of the car  but i had no idea where to look, so i decided to go under the bridge, i mean it's the only logical explanation, right. There are many stones under it and all i have to do was search for the box. I walked towards the stairs which led me under the bridge, i started searching and after 10 minutes, i found the box, i was about to head back to my car but i saw a light around it and it was moving. I took my phone to call someone, anyone but it had died, great i thought, suddenly i heard footsteps coming my way, i had to hide but i didn't know where , there were only rocks. I heard the footsteps coming closer , each second. I took a sharp stone from the ground, just in case , if it was the kidnapper, i mean who else would be here. Suddenly my eyes were blurry because of the sudden light in my face, i blinked a few times before i saw who it was, my heart racing, what if it was the kidnapper?

I heard a familiar voice, ' you scared the life out of me.' The voice said, i recognised it , it was... jake. I was about to respond but he hugged me tightly, 'what are you doing here?' I asked while breaking the hug. 'You should be answering that, do you really call this careful?' He said mockingly. I smiled but didn't reply, i dont think i should say anything to him. He grabbed my hand , and took me to my car ,which suprised me, i could tell he was upset. I was about to go in , ' I'll drive' he said , giving his hand to me, to take the key , i gave it to him without responding and went to the passenger seat and sat in. We drove in silence until jake broke it, 'what were you doing there?' He asked with confusion. 'I...i was meeting a friend. ' i said hesitating. What a great excuse, i thought. 'Under a bridge?' He replied camly . I didn't say anything and he didn't either. We got home, i waited for him to park the car , i was about to go inside but he grabbed my hand and pulled me close,  we were inches away , i felt my stomach twisting and my heart beating faster. After a second, i felt his lips on mine, it was a gentle kiss,  i was dealing with the shock, it lasted for some seconds, though i wished it could last more. We then parted but he was still holding my hand, i was about to go inside. 'Why are you lying to me?' He asked calmly. 'I...i'm sorry, but i...have to go.' I responded and went straight to my room and lay down on the bed. I didn't know anything about what happened, i thought i was dreaming but i was not....

                           ***********