Chapter 21

Alex's POV

'You can thank me later. ' i said jokingly, even though there was nothing funny. She would be covered in blood and glass pieces by now or worse..... dead. She or the other two didn't say anything, after pushing the pieces of glass at the side with a broom. Everyone just went to the car without saying a word. Just a gesture was enough to get them walking.

We were in the car now. For awhile it was quiet but all it took was one word to break it which was said by me, of course.

'Misphel..... any idea?' I asked curiously. This was a clue and an important one too. Somehow i can feel it.....

'Nope....' lilly replied with a low voice. I glanced at jake who supposed to be hannah and Lilly's brother, step brother that is. He just shook his head in response.

'What about you?' Lilly asked.

'Nope, i don't know anything about it, i didn't even know that there was some loan involved. ' i answered shrugging. Both of them just nodded. 'Maybe M/C might remember something later, she does have an amazing memory. Am i right M/C?' I added sarcastically. But i didn't get one back which was weird to be honest. I glanced back to see her leaning on the seat with her eyes closed.

'You okay M/C?' I asked worried a little. She didn't reply, now all of our faces were a little more serious .

'M/C .... are you..... okay?' Jake repeated my words hesitating , while tapping her shoulder gently. She just moved a bit and that gave all of us the relief of our life.

'Should i wake her up?' He asked nervously.

'No..... she got out of the hospital a while ago. She must be tired. ' i replied. He just nodded. We were back to talking again about what are our next steps, i glanced back , only to find M/C's head on Jake's shoulder and his eyes shut. I smirked and turned my attention to the road. The car was now silent, after about 5 minutes, we were in front of M/C's house. I stopped the car and turn around to find jake awake. I raised an eyebrow and he just frowned.

'Okay, wake up sleepy head.' I said reaching her hand and giving it a slight shake. She jerked a little and opened her eyes. She straightened herself after realising her head was on his shoulder. I smiled and pointed to the door gesturing to get out. She returned my smile and got out. Lilly was already out , jake and i were the only one's left. He opened the and was about to get out....

'You two look cute together. ' i said smirking. He raised an eyebrow and frowned a little.

'Don't act like you don't see.' He just shrugged and got out. I sighed and followed him. We said our goodbyes and i was done here.

M/C's POV

I was now in my room, i was putting all the things back in their secret places. I just wanted to sleep, my eyes were giving up on me. Thankfully jeremy didn't say anything because lilly and jake were with me, otherwise i would be in a lot of trouble. I also didn't tell him about my fall and the glass and everything , and i really hope the others would do the same.

I went to the bathroom and changed into something more comfortable and then straight to bed. I tossed and turned for atleast half an hour but no sleep. Great.... i was so sleepy some time ago and now I'm not. I took my phone because there was nothing else i could do. I opened my messages to see a new group formed by...... jake. Hmmm.....

On chat

Jake
If any of you three have any information about Misphel , post it here. We can sort it out.

Alex
👍

Lilly
Ok

Weird..... oh well. I kept my phone on the side table and took a book and started reading. Atleast something to keep me occupied.

Jake's POV

'Found anything?' Lilly asked looking up from her laptop. I shook my head,without looking at her. 'This is impossible, we have been searching for atleast an hour now.' She said getting up from bed and sitting on the chair next to me. 'Can we atleast take a break?' She asked hopefully. I nodded and continued to search. She sighed and took my laptop and turned it off. I looked at her with a wild expression, what was she doing? I raised an eyebrow.

'By break and we, i meant both of us. ' she said narrowing her eyes. Break? Hah. No way i'm taking a break, we have so much to do and she wants me to do what?

'No way, there's so much to d-' i started but she took my hand and pulled me up and started to drag me to the door, i was not really helping her , i purposely didn't move and that annoyed her a lot i would say. She stopped and walked towards the table, i raised an eyebrow. She sighed and took my laptop and went out of the room. I smirked and thought that it was a genius idea, i also have a computer. It took me a minute to realize that i didn't have my computer with me. I hastily went out of the room and knocked on her door, she opened it and was smiling slyly.

'Give me my laptop back.' I demanded. She shook her head and replied.

'I'll give it back after we take a break.'

'No, we are wasting our time here. We could be helping hannah right now. ' she shook her head and closed the door.'Lilly.....' i said annoyed. She opened it and had my laptop with her. I put my hands out and she shook her head again.

'Atleast come and sit with me in M/C's room.' She requested. I shook my head. I needed some me time.

'Come on, please.....' i sighed. And nodded in defeat.

We made our way to M/C's room and lilly knocked on the door. 'Come in.' She said. We went in and closed the door behind us. She was sitting on the bed , reading a book.

'Can we stay here?' Lilly asked.

'Yeah, ofcourse. ' she replied nodding and patted on her bed , gesturing us to sit down. Lilly took my hand and dragged me to her bed. Both of us sat down.

'Can i have my laptop back now?'

'No. Talk with us, you can't stay glued to the screen all day long.'

'Okay mom.' Lilly rolled her eyes and i think i heard M/C chuckle.

'Who do you agree with?' Lilly asked turning to her.

'That's a sibling matter, i'm not coming in.' She replied laughing.

'Stop laughing, , this is serious. All he does is sit in front of his computer. '

'You forgot the part where he doesn't socialize. ' M/C added.

'That too.'

'Your supposed to be on my side.' I said annoyed a little. She shrugged. After some arguments with lilly about this thing called socializing, we both saw M/C holding back her laugh.

'What are you laughing at?' Lilly asked seriously.

'You two.' She replied honestly. Now both lilly and i rolled our eyes.

'Can i have my laptop back now, please.' This time lilly nodded and gave it to me.

'Atleast sit here.' I sighed and agreed. I went to sit on the chair and opened my laptop while the girls were still talking.

Misphel 4 loans. Hmm...... let's see. After searching for about 15 to 20 minutes, i found a familiar name.

'Guys....' i said.

______________________________________