Chapter 15

Jake's POV

It was 6 when i woke up, i got dressed and started to pack my laptop and other things which i couldn't pack earlier. I heard a knock on the door, i opened it and M/C's uncle stood there with a small bag.

'Good morning. Ready to go?' He asked. 

'Just give me a second. ' i replied .

'I'll wait in the car. Don't take too long.' I nodded, he disappeared down the stairs. I zipped my bag, i was about to go but my phone vibrated. I opened it, it was M/C.

M/C
Hey. Where are you? My uncle went out and you were not  there. Don't tell me you have declined the offer.

Jake
I was packing some things. And i can decline the offer?

M/C
Nope...... do you need help with packing?

Jake
No. I'm done , I'll be going.

M/C
Great. See you in a week.

Jake
Where are you?

M/C
In my car.

Jake
Ok, I'll get going then. Bye

M/C
Bye.

I kept my phone in my bag and went downstairs. I had a bad feeling about this, but i couldn't do anything. I sighed and went out . I went to the car, her uncle was leaning on the back of it, speaking on the phone. He took my bag and kept it in the back seat. He gestured me to sit in. I nodded and sat in the passenger seat. After some time, he came in and started the car.

'how are you feeling?' He asked unexpectedly.

'Nervous. ' I replied truthfully.

'Normal for someone who is wanted.' I nodded.

'Can i ask you some questions?' I nodded again.

'Have you killed anyone?'

'No.'

'Stolen any money?'

'No' i replied.

'Then how did you get your money, i mean when you are on the run. You couldn't have had a job, it would be risky. '

'I had saved up some money, it was enough for travelling and everything.'

'So you were expecting everything?'

'No.' I shook my head.

'Then?'

'Well..... my mom died 3 years ago and she left me with a large amount of money and an apartment.  And i had saved some up for college.'

'You went to college?' I nodded.

'Why did  you  save up when you're mom was rich?'

'She wanted me to get independent. '

'Ok. Where is the  apartment ?'

'In duskwood.' My this felt so weird for me, i had never talked to anyone about my mother. It brought back unpleasant memories, which i didn't want to think.

The rest of the ride was quite, i guessed he had sensed me getting uncomfortable with the conversation.  

'We're here.' He said stopping the car in front of a normal house. It was huge, i didn't think of it as any government office. Now i was starting to get really anxious. What if they brought me here on purpose, what of they're going to arrest me? These horrible thoughts were getting more and more, in creative ways too. Now i was breathing a little heavy.

'Don't worry, you only stay here for a 4 days, since it's not that serious and i reffered you.' My uneasiness was a little relieved after hearing that. I just nodded and followed him. We went in the house was very modern, it was bot looking like a government office or anything.  It just looked like a normal house. I followed him through some halls, this place is huge. It's a maze, my..... anyone could get lost here. But there were no guards or security cameras, it was weird. After some time of  walking, he stopped in front of a door, i was getting curious.  I mean who wouldn't?  He opened it with a key and gestured me to go in, i went in to find a normal room with a bed, table and a closet. There were some  papers on top of the table.

'Sit down and fill those documents, take your time. I have some other work to do. After you finish the paper, wait for me. I have some work for you.' I just nodded. He left and i put my bag on the bed and started to fill those papers.

M/C's POV

Well, i got up early but now what am i supposed to do. If i go to work at this time, nobody would be there. I could always count on Hannah's cloud.

After doing Hannah's cloud hacking thing for almost an hour and a half. I decided to go to work. I drove to work, and spent almost the whole day there. It was 4 now, i came at 8. Now finally time to go home, well how wrong i was. My phone vibrated, it was uncle.

Uncle
Hey. They changed the date to today, be there at 6. At the lawyers office. And you can't say no for an answer.

I sighed, nobody wanted me to go home these days.

M/C
Sure....

Now i have to go to the other side of town. Great..... now i started the car and drove to the office. It took me some time but i reached at 5:30 or something.

I got out of the car, old memories were coming back to me. My mother used to bring me here sometimes. She was a lawyer, one of the best ones I've known. I just smiled at that thought. It was a long time ago but it feels like it was yesterday. I went in and saw uncle waiting for me.

'Hi.' I said greeting him with a small smile.

'Hello. Let's go inside, everyone is waiting.' I nodded and followed him where everyone was.

We went in the room , lydia and dad were sitting in front of the lawyer. They were definitely irritated that i showed up late. Not my fault, they're the one who changed the date. I sat down and after about 30 to 40 minutes, the signing was over. It took a little long than i expected. Well there were many questions on my side and surprisingly they had it too. And now everyone was leaving, uncle left saying he has work and now i was the last one. I went to my car when someone called my name. I turned to see lydia coming towards me.

'Hello M/C. I know this may seem weird to you but i want to keep in touch with you. I can understand if you don't. ' she said smiling and giving me a paper with her number on it. For a minute, i stared at the paper then i took it. I smiled at her and just nodded. With that she walked away.  This seemed super weird for me but i really want to keep in touch with them, they're the only close family i have. So might as well use this chance. I kept the paper in my bag and got into the car. Now i was driving back, my how tired i was. I just want to go and lay in bed. I was halfway there, when i noticed a car that had been following me for awhile now. I didn't think of it much, i mean this is a small town, anyone could want to go this way. But the car had been following me for 10 mins straight now. What should i do? I am close to my house but still......

I was focusing on the car behind with the rearveiw mirror. I was glancing between the road and the car behind. At the moment i was looking at the car and when i turned my eyes on the road, a man was crossing the road. I couldn't hit the brakes , it was too close . So i turned the steering wheel to the left and without any understanding of what was on the left. I heard a thud and my eyes were blurry for a second. Then i figured out what happened, the car carshed into the tree. I couldn't move, i think my head had bumped and my rest of the body was paining. I shut my eyes and the next thing i know was the window shattering and a hand came in through and opened the door. I looked to see who it was...... the one and only.  Man without a face. I couldn't talk or move. The door opened, how can the door still work? After such a terrible crash. But that was not the main thing. The kidnapper is literally in front of me. He stood there for a while, staring at me. I heard him say something but i couldn't hear it. The next thing i knew was a very sharp pain in the stomach. I couldn't see what had caused it but i knew it was not good. My eyes were almost closing, i couldn't keep them open but i had to. I could hear him walk away, laughing. How cruel was he? And then my eyes gave up. All went blank....