Chapter 15:

Inej watched as Kaz removed pages of stationary, ink and pens, along with some handwriting samples from all the councilmen's offices. 

Then he wiped down the windows and they fled through the breaking dawn. 

Spelch and Rotty were called at midday for some important forgeries. 

Nikolai and Zoya had gone for sigh seeing with Nina. Wylan and Jesper were looking for chemicals. 

Inej and Kaz were scheming. Or Kaz was scheming. Inej was feeding the crows. 

"Problems: Ravaka Debt and Van Eck's out of prison." 

"Solutions: Robbing the bank and a murder? " Inej suggested. 

"Come on, we got to be more creative than that. "

" We did rob a bank, just the debt documents. We modified it. That's creative. "

Kaz nodded. "Van Eck?"

"Do you honestly see anything other than murder?" 

" I see creative murder. And perhaps a dash of torture?" 

Inej nodded. "That's what I thought. "

Kaz smiled. She knew him so well. And yet she didn't judge. 

"But Kaz, how does Nikolai being play into this? He's not grisha. "

Kaz smiled darkly, remembering the gloves and black scars the King always wore. 

"He's here for drama. " 

Inej arched a brow. 

"You'll see. Now, what day is Pekka Rollins supposed to initiate the plan?" 

"Full moon. Apparently Van Eck has a flair of dramatics, but we knew that. When do we act?" 

Kaz nodded. Good Intel was good. 

"A few days before. But we need to lay the ground work now. Spelch and Rotty made the mines and now we need to plant them. " 

"We also need actually bombs, I think Wylan's working on some illusions with mirrors. What days do we play Van Eck a visit?" 
"Same day and time as Rollins. "

"Alright. We need to have the illusions, flash bomb and Nikloai there. What bribe are you planning to do?" 

"How about some classic blackmail?" 

Inej shrugged. "Up to you. "

Kaz nodded. " Pretty sure that the hellgate manager has a wife and son. "
"Kaz. No children are to be threatened. " Inej gave Kaz a look. 

Kaz threw up his bare hands. "I'm just saying. And he has a mistress. Shall we pay her a visit?" 

Inej rolled her eyes. "I'll go, Kaz, shall I get a lock of her hair?" 

Kaz shook his head. "Perhaps something that the hellgate manager gave her? Jewelry? Something that she aways carried. Oh, and don't forget her perfume. We forgot that last time. "
 "So, jewelry, perfume, a dress and maybe a lock of hair?" Kaz nodded. 

"While you get that, I'll ask Nikolai and Nina for the illusion and demonstration for Van Eck and Pekka Rollins. "

"Then why bring Zoya?"
"Body guard for the King. We have to take precautions. "
Inej nodded. "Its a go.