Chapter 18:

Wylan sat atop a stool, dictating notes for Jesper to take down. 

"Chloroform is harmful, so we'll use carisoprodol, a muscle relaxant. This sleeping draught is miraculously strong but we want a delayed effect so we'll lower the levels of cyclobenzaprine. Jes, are you getting this down?" 

Jesper rolled his eyes and nodded. It was the biggest job they were doing since the Ice Court Heist. 

Jesper was a bit hurt that he and Wylan didn't know what the sleeping draught was for, but when he asked Kaz, Kaz said that he didn't want to know. 

He bet Inej knew. 

Or maybe she didn't. It was hard to tell the lines of knowledge between Kaz and Inej. 

Jesper shrugged, whatever Kaz would tell him if he really needed or maybe wanted to know. He trusted Kaz and he knew that Kaz trusted him too. 

"... and if I add a few grams of...."

For this job, Jesper and Wylan were mainly transport and security. Wylan was working on the sleeping draught and a new type of bomb. 

A bomb that Jesper was practicing Fabrickaing on and trying to make reusable. 

The stock market was the only gambling he'd done all this time. 

Sometimes Wylan had to convince him that no, he didn't need gambling as a source of adrenaline. 

He wasn't ashamed for Wylan to see his weakness because he knew that he would be accepted and loved no matter what. 

Wylan caught Jesper's eye and Jesper winked. 

Time to knock someone out and blow something up.