THE FORBIDDEN FOREST- p3

Anastasia

-0-0-0-two hours later, on the cheer-bus-0-0-0-

Everyone was sat on the bus, buzzing with joy and excitement to get back to their homes and families and friends, especially myself. Chatter filled the bus as our mascot, Shrimpy, drove the bus, it smoothly rolling along the ground to the town. We still had at least 15 minutes to go until we ended up there.

My thoughts were interrupted when a random person on the cheer-team yelled, "I've just been asked to Prawn!" Small cheers were let out before Bree began.

"Well, getting invited to Prawn sounds great," there was a hint of jealousy but mostly sadness in her voice, "But Bonzo won't even look at me.." she finished as we looked behind, i noticed Bonzo's head twitch back to facing his hands, making it look like he wasn't taking any notice of Bonzo but the girls didn't notice the movement of his head.

Addison said, trying to comfort Bree by relating, "No invitation to Prawn for me either," she paused an gasped in realization, "Do you think Zed's forgot about me?" I shook my head, trying to reassure her.

I felt the bus almost run over something but then Bonzo yelled and pointed out of the window where Addison was seated, "Zarugula!". Everyone's attention turned to the window, including mine, as banners made from wood dropped down.

"Addison.. will you.." Bree read, waiting excitedly for the next message further down.

"Go to.. the Prawn!" almost every body read, apart from Addison and myself who were silently reading. A huge smile tugging at our lips.

We were looking for another message when i realised Zed was trying to fix a sign that said 'With' and had an arrow that pointed to him. He didn't notice the bus and kept fixing it, eventually making the lights around the arrow turn on.

"ZED!" Addi and I yelled, getting his attention before he tumbled on-top of the bus, gripping it so he wouldn't fall off. Everyone was screaming as the bus swayed side to side, Shrimpy tried to make the bus go back to normal but it wasn't working. Eventually, the bus ran off the road, pushing Zed off of the bus and leaving him to fall into the road. I knew it was a bad idea to let someone in a bloody shrimp costume drive the bus!

Shrieks went out of peoples mouths as the bus finally stopped. I looked around and rubbed my head a little, i had banged it on a pole whilst the bus was practically tumbling. As the bus was stationary, Bucky stood up and started running for the back door which had broken off.

"Nothing can happen to me I'm way too important!" He exclaimed, making Addison and I roll our eyes, standing up.

"Everybody stay calm!" Addison ordered everyone.

"Great leadership Addi! Very Captain of you," Bree winked, earning a smile from both myself and Addison.

We both then looked at each other before running off the bus, "ZED!" We exclaimed, running into the forest. We were in a part of the forbidden forest, i knew this as i come here every night, to clear my mind. I stood in front of Addison, trying to protect her. There was no telling what kind of animal or creature would be lurking around in these woods.

There was a rustle in the bushes and i looked at Addi, she shared a look of concern and i began tip-toeing sort-of to where the sound was coming from. I stood in front of the large bush and heard it rustle again. There is definitely something there. I was about to look through the bush when there was a sound of running from behind us, almost distracting us from our current task. I grabbed Addison's hand and we made our way to the middle of where the commotion was happening, i caught my arm on a twig before hand causing me to let out a small whimper and hold my arm. Ow! I tried to shake off the hurtful feeling but it didn't happen, I sighed and gripped Addison's hand tighter.

Our eyes darted to every sound there possibly was in the forest until i began to speak, "Right, enough!" i sort-of yelled, "who's there?" i asked, "come out, now!!" i yelled again, a bit louder this time, growling a little.

A loud howl was heard from not-too far from where we were. Addison and i both shared a look that seemed we had just seen a ghost.

At that moment, nothing was heard until there was a rustle by Addison, and she quickly swung a hand at it, hitting whatever was standing there with her fist. I'm guessing whoever was there reached to touch her. I looked back and my eyes widened at the sight, Zed was there and he was holding his nose, well no surprise there, Addison had just probably slightly broken it by the impact of her hit.

Addison had quickly realised what she had done before jumping into Zed's arms, "Zed!" she smiled, giving him a tight hug.

He chuckled a little at her excitement, "I missed you too." he said before hugging her back.

"Nice to see you too, Z." I grinned and he did the same back before i snapped back into reality.

"Addi!" she turned to me as a look of worry made its way onto my face, "Remember, we're not alone!" she gasped as she came into realisation, earning a look of confusion from Zed. The rest of the cheerleaders soon joined us in our spot.

"We're not alone," Began Addison, turning to Zed, every one shared the same confused face.

"We're surrounded by.." i paused and looked around to see if they were there, "Werewolves." I whispered a bit too loudly, everyone heard and almost immediately i heard shrieks from the Acey's. I rolled my eyes slightly before turning to them.

"Cool!" Zoey, Zed's younger sister shouted from beside Zed. Zed gave her a small look signalling for her to be quiet, she did as she was signalled to do.

"What?" shrieked Stacey, "Wolves?!" she shrieked again before everyone turned to Lacey.

"What-Wolves?!

"Here-Wolves?!" shrieked the final one, Jacey, before they all yelled,

"Werewolves?!?"

Everyone then pulled out their phones whilst mumbling, typing to everyone to let them know what had just been discovered.

No-one is going to believe this. I said in my head, hopefully.

--------------

word count: 1000+

To be continued....

Finished Writing: 12/04/2021

Edited: 04/08/21