Wanda the Saviour

Nat unclipped her seat belt. After a quick flight to New Mexico, Tony landed the Quinjet about a kilometer from where Rhodey and Sam were hiding. They were supposed to run the rest of the way.

"Alright, Tony. What's the plan? What are we supposed to do when we get to the warehouse?"

Tony tossed her, Steve, and Clint their earpieces. He put his in too.

"We meet up with Rhodey and Sam first. Then we decide. They probably at least have an idea on the best entrance we can take."

Nat nodded. They grabbed their weapons and exited the jet.

At the fastest pace they could run while fully armed, it took them fifteen minutes to find Rhodey and Sam. They were situated behind a grove of trees, which was up on a hill that overlooked the warehouse.

Well, Nat would say that Rhodey and Sam were half-right. It was definitely a HYDRA base, but Nat wouldn't call it secret. With a quick look through Sam's binoculars, she could tell that all the people entering and exiting the building were wearing a lab coat with the HYDRA logo on it. It also seemed like a lot more people were exiting than entering. They carried huge steel boxes. Nat guessed the mystery weapons were inside.

"Where do you think they're all going?" Steve asked, taking a peek with his binoculars as well.

"The real question is, what are they taking with them?" Rhodey mumbled.

He sighed. "Okay, here's the plan, well, half-plan that Sam and I came up with."

Sam interrupted. "There are two entrances. I say we split up; me, Clint, and Tony will go through the east doors," He pointed to the doors on the east side of the building. A man was driving a truck rather fast through the huge entryway.

"We have to hurry up if we're going to catch any of them," Tony said.

"Okay," Rhodey agreed. "Steve, Nat, and me, we'll go through the south doors. Take out any people you see, and make sure no one gets away with those boxes. God only knows what's in there." He turned to Clint, Sam and Steve. "That goes for you guys, too."

"Alright," Tony nodded.

"Remember to use the comms if you need anything. Good luck, Team. Let's head out."

They split up, and Nat, Steve, and Rhodey made it to the doors without being spotted. She assumed the same for the other three, as she didn't hear anything through her earpiece.

"This is weird," Tony eventually commented on the unusual lack of HYDRA members.

"Where is everyone? I would've thought we would've had to beat someone up by now."

Steve and Rhodey shrugged. This did seem a little uncommon.

They made it all the way down the hall. It looked like everything had been abandoned quickly. Lights were still on, machines were still whirring, and one of the sinks in the lab was still running.

They came across one of the steel boxes that they'd seen earlier. It had the Hydra Logo engraved into it, and a padlock kept in shut. Steve broke it off easily.

"That's weird. There's nothing in it." He said, confused.

Nat's heart dropped. Rhodey looked to her, startled. Clearly, he was thinking what she was. He flicked on his comms. "Guys, code red. We have to get out of here immediately. It's not safe. I repeat, abort the mission. It's a set-"

Rhodey didn't get to finish his sentence. Nat watched the whole building cave in on them with a deafening blast, before everything went dark.

---